Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Celebration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody planned a party/celebration around their delivery? From the sound of it, the timing might make that pretty difficult.

I'm really excited about getting my car, and I think a party might be appropriate for that, but at the same time, it sounds a little pretentious to invite people out to watch me buy a car.

We are going to have a gathering for people (friends and colleagues) to come check out and drive the car but we're going to make it a week or so after the delivery. We want some time for us to get comfortable w/ the car, wear the "new" off the tires, etc. Also that way we can focus on what the DS is telling us during the delivery w/o having to tend to our guests.

We are going to have a gathering for people (friends and colleagues) to come check out and drive the car but we're going to make it a week or so after the delivery. We want some time for us to get comfortable w/ the car, wear the "new" off the tires, etc. Also that way we can focus on what the DS is telling us during the delivery w/o having to tend to our guests.

Same here - will get the car within a week hopefully and will have a party around mid-Jan or so.

I'm not going to plan on anything major but I'm sure my parents will come if they can (my dad's already got his Model S) and I'll invite some of my closer friends.

One major hurdle is that I'm not expecting to have a good idea as to when I should invite everyone until the car is basically already there. We had about a day's notice with my dad's.

Also, I was sitting in the back of my dad's car during his run through so I don't imagine I'll need the DS to go over much.