TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delivery Celebration

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jvonbokel, Dec 7, 2012.

1. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

Has anybody planned a party/celebration around their delivery? From the sound of it, the timing might make that pretty difficult.

I'm really excited about getting my car, and I think a party might be appropriate for that, but at the same time, it sounds a little pretentious to invite people out to watch me buy a car.

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Well I will at least be having one of these:
    [video=vimeo;5462670]http://vimeo.com/5462670[/video]

3. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

Just don't kill anybody with a trident!!

4. William13

William13 Member

I originally planned a party but when the delivery dragged on until cold weather I decided to wait and have something in the spring. I give tours and rides every other day.

5. strider

strider Active Member

We are going to have a gathering for people (friends and colleagues) to come check out and drive the car but we're going to make it a week or so after the delivery. We want some time for us to get comfortable w/ the car, wear the "new" off the tires, etc. Also that way we can focus on what the DS is telling us during the delivery w/o having to tend to our guests.

6. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    Same here - will get the car within a week hopefully and will have a party around mid-Jan or so.

7. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

I'm not going to plan on anything major but I'm sure my parents will come if they can (my dad's already got his Model S) and I'll invite some of my closer friends.

One major hurdle is that I'm not expecting to have a good idea as to when I should invite everyone until the car is basically already there. We had about a day's notice with my dad's.

Also, I was sitting in the back of my dad's car during his run through so I don't imagine I'll need the DS to go over much.