Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery chaos continues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm merely pointing out that it was pretty obvious to me that deliveries would be delayed
Well, all these "I told you so" messages (not just from you) aren't all that constructive. Tesla UK has messed this whole order process up. Let's hope Tesla will deliver the cars in August/September and respect early orders and reservations in the process. At the end of the day, May orders for September deliveries (ignoring all the June/July "promises") will be a result for everyone for a game-changing product like this. But, that doesn't excuse the woeful customer service from Tesla during this whole order process. It needs to improve and customers should vent and complain all they like, here or wherever because we shouldn't be expected to put up with such poor communication.

When you order a car and it says estimated delivery Late June or July, then follow this up a few days later, in person, face to face with an experienced guy in the SC where you will be taking delivery and you say to them "really, late June or July?" and he says realistically July, August at the very latest, most people would take that as some form of reasonable expectation. Especially when similar is said again a couple of weeks later when discussing addition of tow bar. Would it have made any difference if he said, you tow bar change would have delayed your order - no, except I wouldn't be expecting a car by August latest. But he didn't say that, he was pretty damned confident that cars would be fulfilled by August at the latest and so was everyone else I spoke to at the time, even using it as justification why I lost my FSD discount -"As your current order has entered production" - had I known of the delay, I would have cancelled order and placed a new one this time using a referral code to get 5000 supercharger miles.

Well, all these "I told you so" messages (not just from you) aren't all that constructive.

Neither is continuing to whinge about it endlessly (not just you either). Of course it is not acceptable to have poor communication, but some people are getting carried away with it and not giving any thought whatsoever to the situation Tesla are currently facing with the uk M3 launch. It isn't a "normal" situation and delayed delivery was very predictable IMHO. The price changes caught me very much by surprise though. I'm totally thrilled with now saving £10k on the original quoted price of a P+!

After the first few pages this is13 pages of the same points differenty worded.

If i wasnt sat at a soft play waiting for my kids to wear themselves out id be wondering what I'm doing with my life reading all this.
:D haha. Agreed. There are more constructive threads than this. I suppose it is mildly less soul-destroying than sitting in a soft play centre. I must have been way too bored yesterday on reflection and I didn't have soft play as an excuse.

I'll reserve posting again until Tesla confirm they are not increasing my price and cave in on the unjustified FSD price hike I've received.

Hi,
I've just had a call from Tesla Referral.
Seems that I can expect my model 3 SR+ somewhen between July and the end is September, but they just can't put a date to it. But I will be given a week's notice of when I can pick it up at Heathrow. So time to sort out insurance/paperwork and of course the money.
Reservation date was 20/10/16 ordered 06/05/19 updated order with towbar when it became an option. That may have slowed down my car delivery!
What other options did you go for? Exterior/interior colour, wheels, FSD, finance, trade-in etc.? I'll update your details on the forum order summary sheet.

Hi,
I've just had a call from Tesla Referral.
Seems that I can expect my model 3 SR+ somewhen between July and the end is September, but they just can't put a date to it. But I will be given a week's notice of when I can pick it up at Heathrow. So time to sort out insurance/paperwork and of course the money.
Reservation date was 20/10/16 ordered 06/05/19 updated order with towbar when it became an option. That may have slowed down my car delivery!
Hi @Ex leaf , Just wondering how your order is getting on? What Spec did you order (Colour, interior, wheels, FSD, Towbar, finance, trade-in)? Do you have a VIN yet?