Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery checklist - within tolerance?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I've moved away from the Delivery experience thread to avoid clogging up with my post delivery generic questions.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the build quality overall having dreaded going around the vehicle, I just have a few queries about what might and might not be worth reporting while I have 60 miles on the clock and I've only had 48hrs.

The glass roof isn't aligned perfectly but it only looks out a bit on one side and not the other?! Assume this is a "within tolerance one as if it was out both sides it would be more telling, the piece of glass is one size so if it's moved one way the other gap would get bigger?

My other one is the headlights which sit very slightly proud on the bottom half of the unit, it's difficult to capture on camera (I've tried) and it is the same both sides and not odd looking, it's just that the checklist I used suggested they should be flush...

Other than that I have what looks to be fallout or grease on the sill, which should polish out when it gets detailed in a few weeks, so again unsure if I should bother reporting (depends on the others I guess)

Finally, my walk away locking isn't working on my phone but this looks to be a bug affecting plenty, so keeping my eyes open for an update.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, this board has been utterly invaluable over the past few months so thanks for that too 👏👏👏

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-110125_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-110125_Photos.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20211001-110113_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-110113_Photos.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 84
  • 20211001_103217.jpg
    20211001_103217.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20211001_103021.jpg
    20211001_103021.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
All of those look pretty much the same as mine - kind of thing you only spot if you're on your knees trying to see it. I definitely wouldn't complain about the alignment - I've seen far worse on other makes of car.

Any more thoughts on this - if it makes any difference its on a lease. I'm just approaching 100 miles...

I started to fill out the request and wasn't offered a ranger just an SC 20 miles away 😒 I can live with the things above, I just wanted to make sure they weren't completely unreasonable

Only flag things if you want them to do something about them. The roof for example, I think I’d take a slight gap difference on one side over a roof removed and reattached which necessitates breaking the seals, removing interior trim etc and potentially the start of rattles etc.

The headlights might be worth checking as the alignment may not just be with the body of the car but it may cause a beam alignment issue with road users.

The grease, unless you want them to wipe it off for you then I’m not sure why you’d raise it, what do you want Tesla to do?

Only flag things if you want them to do something about them. The roof for example, I think I’d take a slight gap difference on one side over a roof removed and reattached which necessitates breaking the seals, removing interior trim etc and potentially the start of rattles etc.

The headlights might be worth checking as the alignment may not just be with the body of the car but it may cause a beam alignment issue with road users.

The grease, unless you want them to wipe it off for you then I’m not sure why you’d raise it, what do you want Tesla to do?
Good point on the roof. Searching the forums suggests the lights are normal. I raised the mark because I wasn't sure what it was and whether it was under the coat given its not shifted at all and I've spent 3 months reading about poor print!