Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery checkout reminder text

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Delivery checkout reminder from Tesla - please complete all outstanding tasks in your delivery profile at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount: provide financing details, populate any lienholder information and accept trade-in offer, upload proof of auto insurance, and upload driver's license."

Does this mean delivery is coming soon? Or is it a text they send to everyone and is unrelated to delivery time?

Ordered MR 2/7/2019

Just got a similar message for "Upload proof of auto insurance and upload driver's license". Driver's license is uploaded and I can't get insurance until a VIN is assigned, so I just got off the phone with a rep at Tesla and confirmed there's no change to my account status right now as no vehicle is assigned yet. Got me excited for nothing :(

Just got a similar message for "Upload proof of auto insurance and upload driver's license". Driver's license is uploaded and I can't get insurance until a VIN is assigned, so I just got off the phone with a rep at Tesla and confirmed there's no change to my account status right now as no vehicle is assigned yet. Got me excited for nothing :(

If you live in California and have insurance on a car you're driving now you can just upload your current insurance card. If you don't have a car right now then yeah... gotta wait.

Same here in Florida, they just want proof of some form of auto insurance. The website instructions state has to have tesla listed but that is not the case.

When I ordered my Model 3 at end of January I had a text with delivery date in about 12 hours followed by email to complete all the account profile information prior to delivery.

If you live in California and have insurance on a car you're driving now you can just upload your current insurance card. If you don't have a car right now then yeah... gotta wait.

Yeah, this is my first vehicle (promised myself I'd buy an electric vehicle for my first car) so no existing insurance. I know it shouldn't delay anything according to the reps I've spoken with, but it still feels uncomfortable leaving that section empty in the profile... ah well, just need to be patient I guess!