Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date changed when I declined trade in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a trade in (model3) pending in Tesla app. But i had better offer at Carmax, so I declined Tesla's offer. My delivery date was Feb 4 and when I declined the trade in offer it went to June delivery date. I talked to my SA he said to wait a couple of days and it should go back to Feb 4. Anyone got have any idea why this?

@righton I'm curious how this worked out for you? My father has been waiting 6 1/2 months for his Model Y. One of the Tesla advisors suggested that removing the trade in from his order would probably get it going, but when he did so, his order instantly jumped out 3 more months (to August)! He's super pissed since it was Tesla who suggested he do it. Your situation may be different since you were only a few days away from your delivery (and I assume had a VIN assigned), but I'm curious what happened?

Reactions: righton
just wait a few days, it will come back to a closer date from your original delivery. that's what happened to me. it would have jumped regardless, if you don't have a vin. the date is really just an estimate. my original date was january but didn't get the car til april.

Reactions: Sackmonkey