Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date delayed because autopilot added.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4/1 res. 7/17 configure. LR,AWD,P. I wrote tesla on 7/19 to see if I could add autopilot w/o changing delivery estimate. Today received an email that added the software w/o a formal request and delayed my estimated delivery from 9/18-11/18 to 10//18-12/18. This is crazy. I ordered my car over a month ago and I have the same delivery estimate as someone who ordered yesterday. For a software upgrade! Anybody?

I think the dates listed are just lack of software programming, I doubt your order will actually be delayed at all.

In other words anyone who changes anything right now will receive Oct-December, but if you already ordered or have a reservation it will likely be much sooner...

I believe that's the way that Tesla is now working. If you want your car in the time first published when ordering, don't change the order.
While it may not seem fair to you, allowing folks to change options randomly does cost the company money. And when there are a LOT of folks willing to order and stick with their order...

Reminds me of a dew restaurants, if you don't know your order and have money in hand, then you get to go back to the end of the line and try again.

I was at Orange County airport a few days back and all of the McDonalds had long lines. But yet there were people who would get to the order position and only then decide what to order.

Sorry to be blunt, but I really hate to wait behind people who can't make up their minds.

Yea, the estimate doesn't mean anything. I made a change in August and it pushed my estimate for a month to Oct-Dec. But I was contacted to pick a delivery date last week between 9/10-9/16.
That’s really encouraging. The order process does say you can make software changes before delivery with no cost penalty and Tesla’s phone support indicated that the change was a simple button push and shouldn’t cause a delay. Another said what glamisduner said, that this is a flaw in their web software...is that a little scary given that the car runs on software?

I believe that's the way that Tesla is now working. If you want your car in the time first published when ordering, don't change the order.
While it may not seem fair to you, allowing folks to change options randomly does cost the company money. And when there are a LOT of folks willing to order and stick with their order...

Reminds me of a dew restaurants, if you don't know your order and have money in hand, then you get to go back to the end of the line and try again.

I was at Orange County airport a few days back and all of the McDonalds had long lines. But yet there were people who would get to the order position and only then decide what to order.

Sorry to be blunt, but I really hate to wait behind people who can't make up their minds.

There are manufacturing options and software options. With respect, they’re not the same and I know the difference