Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date estimates for 60 and 85 kWh? No longer synchronized?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Playing around with the Design Studio today I noticed that 60 kWh battery orders are set for "Late October" delivery. Standard 85 kWh, on the other hand, are set for just "October." I don't recall any separation between these two before. Is this a new thing?

Interestingly, the P85 models are also set for "October." Given the priority delivery given to P85 models, I am surprised to see the same time frame quoted for the P85 and the standard 85.

Playing around with the Design Studio today I noticed that 60 kWh battery orders are set for "Late October" delivery. Standard 85 kWh, on the other hand, are set for just "October." I don't recall any separation between these two before. Is this a new thing?

Interestingly, the P85 models are also set for "October." Given the priority delivery given to P85 models, I am surprised to see the same time frame quoted for the P85 and the standard 85.

They used to show "1-2 months" priority and "2-3 months" for P85 and 60/85.

However, based on tracking stats and the delivery tracker, 85's almost always deliver earlier than 60s. So maybe they're just showing better data now?

They used to show "1-2 months" priority and "2-3 months" for P85 and 60/85.

However, based on tracking stats and the delivery tracker, 85's almost always deliver earlier than 60s. So maybe they're just showing better data now?

That makes sense. Hopefully the folks with 60 orders won't get up in arms. I wonder if the 85s end up being built sooner just because of battery supply.