TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Delivery date estimates for 60 and 85 kWh? No longer synchronized?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by iadbound, Jul 18, 2014.

1. iadbound

iadbound Member

Playing around with the Design Studio today I noticed that 60 kWh battery orders are set for "Late October" delivery. Standard 85 kWh, on the other hand, are set for just "October." I don't recall any separation between these two before. Is this a new thing?

Interestingly, the P85 models are also set for "October." Given the priority delivery given to P85 models, I am surprised to see the same time frame quoted for the P85 and the standard 85.

2. karmamule

karmamule Member

Interesting observation iadbound! That was my recollection too, that S60 and S85 showed the same, and P85 would be one notch earlier.

3. Footer

Footer Member

When I started looking in April and ordered in May there was a difference between 60, 85, and P85.

4. tiblot

tiblot Member

They used to show "1-2 months" priority and "2-3 months" for P85 and 60/85.

However, based on tracking stats and the delivery tracker, 85's almost always deliver earlier than 60s. So maybe they're just showing better data now?

5. iadbound

iadbound Member

That makes sense. Hopefully the folks with 60 orders won't get up in arms. I wonder if the 85s end up being built sooner just because of battery supply.

6. karmamule

karmamule Member

That would make sense and avoid ruffled feathers iadbound, Tesla could simply say it's a matter of how rapidly the batteries become available and it's not deliberate prioritization apart from that.