Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Flexibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ps83v18 For my delivery, they were not very flexible and I wanted to delay delivery 2-3 days. They mentioned something to the effect of "the latest we can hold this vehicle for you is this day" which was only a 1 day delay. Luckily I could pick it up within 24 hours of that and that was ok.

It was frustrating to be told that, seemed like if couldn't make it then the VIN would go to someone else and I would have to wait for another one to be made. I don't know if that's true, but that's the way they made it sound.

Reactions: PikeHopper
@ps83v18 For my delivery, they were not very flexible and I wanted to delay delivery 2-3 days. They mentioned something to the effect of "the latest we can hold this vehicle for you is this day" which was only a 1 day delay. Luckily I could pick it up within 24 hours of that and that was ok.

It was frustrating to be told that, seemed like if couldn't make it then the VIN would go to someone else and I would have to wait for another one to be made. I don't know if that's true, but that's the way they made it sound.
this was my experience as well. Their solution was to leave the car in my drive way until I got back. I said that's fine but if there are issues with it what do I do? She said I'd have to live with them. So I said no. Placed back in cue. Its been 5 weeks since the order now. My delivery window will be right at the full 10 weeks now.

this was my experience as well. Their solution was to leave the car in my drive way until I got back. I said that's fine but if there are issues with it what do I do? She said I'd have to live with them. So I said no. Placed back in cue. Its been 5 weeks since the order now. My delivery window will be right at the full 10 weeks now.
I think you have 7 days from accepting the vehicle to make a service appointment to fix any issues. And accepting delivery requires you to physically sign CA DMV paperwork that they leave in the car with a FedEx envelope to send in. They remotely unlock the car for you and transfer it to your account so unless they leave the vehicle unlocked in your driveway the 7 day clock shouldn’t start until you sign for the vehicle. And unless you were gone more than 7 days you’d at least have a couple days to look for any issues. You were not told the truth.

I think you have 7 days from accepting the vehicle to make a service appointment to fix any issues. And accepting delivery requires you to physically sign CA DMV paperwork that they leave in the car with a FedEx envelope to send in. They remotely unlock the car for you and transfer it to your account so unless they leave the vehicle unlocked in your driveway the 7 day clock shouldn’t start until you sign for the vehicle. And unless you were gone more than 7 days you’d at least have a couple days to look for any issues. You were not told the truth.
She didn't say I wouldn't have an option to get the car repaired. She told me I had 24 hours to refuse the car if there were issues. She said specifically after 24 hours the car is yours no matter what issues it may have. So essentially Id be purchasing the car unseen. I honestly think I got caught at the end of the Quarter rush to deliver cars and am now for lack of a better term, am being punished for it. I'm seeing people who put in orders today and have the same estimated delivery date as me.

She didn't say I wouldn't have an option to get the car repaired. She told me I had 24 hours to refuse the car if there were issues. She said specifically after 24 hours the car is yours no matter what issues it may have. So essentially Id be purchasing the car unseen. I honestly think I got caught at the end of the Quarter rush to deliver cars and am now for lack of a better term, am being punished for it. I'm seeing people who put in orders today and have the same estimated delivery date as me.
Maybe after 24 hours the car would have been yours so you couldn't outright reject it but Tesla would still be liable to fix any issues present at delivery under warranty.