Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date for a P85+....Late December?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, all over the map from ordering date to VINs being assigned to delivery dates..... Today, I spoke to my assigned DS and he didn't have any new info. He did say that he would try to move up the date from 12/23 to 12/21....smh.

It is very, very hard waiting. Now, with the very, late delivery in the year, would you push out the delivery to January and then get a 2014? Downside, tax credit isn't until the following year which I can wait for. Upside, its a 2014 which is better if I ever want to sell the car. Perhaps, I can turn the negative of the late delivery into a positive.

We all wanted our cars the day we ordered them. My wait seemed incredibly long....10 weeks. Many of the SigS owners and early European deliveries waited over two years. Several things affect delivery time.
1. Immediate availability; Sometimes you order an exact match of a car scheduled as a loaner or one that the owner delays because of financing/personal issues.
2. Configuration: P+ (higher gross margin) vehicles do get priority usually...not always, but usually
3. Timing: It appears that TM wants to have minimal numbers of vehicles 'in transit' at the end of each fiscal quarter so they can book the maximum number of vehicles 'sold'. So, at the beginning of the quarter (now) most of the builds are for the Europeans. Near the end of the quarter then most of the builds are for American market.

Wow, all over the map from ordering date to VINs being assigned to delivery dates..... Today, I spoke to my assigned DS and he didn't have any new info. He did say that he would try to move up the date from 12/23 to 12/21....smh.

It is very, very hard waiting. Now, with the very, late delivery in the year, would you push out the delivery to January and then get a 2014? Downside, tax credit isn't until the following year which I can wait for. Upside, its a 2014 which is better if I ever want to sell the car. Perhaps, I can turn the negative of the late delivery into a positive.

You will get your P+ this year--trust me :cool: