Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Keep Changing for SR.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's strange because the introduction of MYSR in China and HK seems like it would be a sign they will reintroduce it here. We'll see, but with all of the price increases and crazy demand it might not make any sense to do that for Tesla

I ordered an inventory MYSR last week, because I was tired of waiting for m MYLR. I was forced to pay in full and was expecting delivery 2 days later. Unfortunately Tesla called me and said it had not passed inspection and my delivery was rescheduled for 2 days later. Somehow my vin was taken away (mind you my 3rd party financing company already fedex the check and sent them the delivery tracking number and I paid my down payment directly to Tesla). I had to call, call, call and finally an SA told me the car was put back on the for sale list and someone else bought it. Of course a manager had to get my paid vin back to me and that was completed, but now there is still no word on a delivery date for a vehicle I paid for. When you do get a hold of someone I think they just BS you around because they dont know whats going on. Some SA said oh it should be just one more day before its delivered, another said its a parts hold up (how is it parts on an inventory car??) On the website when I placed my deposit, it said the vehicle was in the Bay Area (fremont) which is where I am as well. Still no delivery for my MYSR..so frustrated

I ordered an inventory MYSR last week, because I was tired of waiting for m MYLR. I was forced to pay in full and was expecting delivery 2 days later. Unfortunately Tesla called me and said it had not passed inspection and my delivery was rescheduled for 2 days later. Somehow my vin was taken away (mind you my 3rd party financing company already fedex the check and sent them the delivery tracking number and I paid my down payment directly to Tesla). I had to call, call, call and finally an SA told me the car was put back on the for sale list and someone else bought it. Of course a manager had to get my paid vin back to me and that was completed, but now there is still no word on a delivery date for a vehicle I paid for. When you do get a hold of someone I think they just BS you around because they dont know whats going on. Some SA said oh it should be just one more day before its delivered, another said its a parts hold up (how is it parts on an inventory car??) On the website when I placed my deposit, it said the vehicle was in the Bay Area (fremont) which is where I am as well. Still no delivery for my MYSR..so frustrated
I'm shocked you found an inventory MYSR! I haven't seen a single one pop up. Shocked that they sold your car to someone else after assigning the VIN.

Reactions: sunshine3200
I'm shocked you found an inventory MYSR! I haven't seen a single one pop up. Shocked that they sold your car to someone else after assigning the VIN.
I’m new to the tesla community and I didn’t realize they even sold a MYSR . I would rather the LR , but Since this was on the existing inventory in my city, I assumed I would get it right away.
The SA who help me get my vin back said the notes specifically state do not reassign vin. Go figure.
Last update : yesterday it was supposed to be ready, of course it wasn’t. New delivery drop off to my house is today…I won’t believe it until I see it in my driveway

I’m new to the tesla community and I didn’t realize they even sold a MYSR . I would rather the LR , but Since this was on the existing inventory in my city, I assumed I would get it right away.
The SA who help me get my vin back said the notes specifically state do not reassign vin. Go figure.
Last update : yesterday it was supposed to be ready, of course it wasn’t. New delivery drop off to my house is today…I won’t believe it until I see it in my driveway
how do you even check inventory on this? does it have to be over the phone?

Also patiently waiting for my MY SR order to be filled
Who else has an active MY SR order besides me and pusheen?
MY Standard Range Rear-Wheel Drive | Pearl White | 19’’ | Black Interior | Seven Seat | Autopilot
Order Date: 1/24/2021, Placed on hold till July 1st.
Order currently active with Estimated delivery: 2-6 weeks (no update since 4 weeks)
Checked with NJ Springfield Tesla - Guy mentioned they are no longer making MYSR and asked me to hold on to the order to wait and see what happens.
He also mentioned there are chances that Tesla can cancel my order.
Tried reaching out to SA, no response.

MY Standard Range Rear-Wheel Drive | Pearl White | 19’’ | Black Interior | Seven Seat | Autopilot
Order Date: 1/24/2021, Placed on hold till July 1st.
Order currently active with Estimated delivery: 2-6 weeks (no update since 4 weeks)
Checked with NJ Springfield Tesla - Guy mentioned they are no longer making MYSR and asked me to hold on to the order to wait and see what happens.
He also mentioned there are chances that Tesla can cancel my order.
Tried reaching out to SA, no response.
Thanks… same boat here. Haven’t tried calling

this is crazy but semi similar to me…I’m convinced they are just snatching these SRs away from buyers because of the lower profit margins.
I found an SR via insanely random luck back in June. I got approved fir a loan, got a vin etc all of it. Next morning my VIN was gone and I called my SA without reply. I started calling store in my area and asking for help. Finally one guy basically said; sorry you were unmatched from the car, it’s gone. As you could imagine I lost it. Called more stores and finally found someone helpful who said actually the car didn’t pass inspection so it was no longer for sale. I made her hustle to find me a replacement. 5 min later she calls me back and says they found the car magically! It was an “error” made by a new guy working at the company. Ummmm…ok?! Absolutely insane story but I’m sure if I didn’t hustle they would have just pulled the car and done what they wanted with it.

this is crazy but semi similar to me…I’m convinced they are just snatching these SRs away from buyers because of the lower profit margins.
I found an SR via insanely random luck back in June. I got approved fir a loan, got a vin etc all of it. Next morning my VIN was gone and I called my SA without reply. I started calling store in my area and asking for help. Finally one guy basically said; sorry you were unmatched from the car, it’s gone. As you could imagine I lost it. Called more stores and finally found someone helpful who said actually the car didn’t pass inspection so it was no longer for sale. I made her hustle to find me a replacement. 5 min later she calls me back and says they found the car magically! It was an “error” made by a new guy working at the company. Ummmm…ok?! Absolutely insane story but I’m sure if I didn’t hustle they would have just pulled the car and done what they wanted with it.
Damn that was a roller coaster ride

Reactions: acebrigade
I do not think the SR are coming back in terms of being reintroduced into production. Yes, they are being or going to be sold in HK and HK alone but I saw videos and read articles on why just HK. It had to do with the size of HK. You could get away with the range there. Elon states he didn’t like the low range on the SRMY. But that’s really nonsense. There is another reason.
I think as others have pointed out, there is no point of making SR and selling them for much less when people are willing to pay hand over foot for a LR. Why waste the production. It is literally the same car other than the extra motor. Same premium sound, fog lights, back seat warmers and the whole shebang.

Maybe when production meets the demand then perhaps? But as of now, it isn’t coming back anytime soon.

And watch, as soon as I say this, tomorrow morning I’ll wake up seeing that the SRMY is back!😂

Reactions: acebrigade
I ordered my LR Y on June 13th. Estimated delivery was originally in July-Aug, then switched to Aug-Sept, then totally disappeared for a few weeks, yesterday it shows Nov-Dec and TODAY Dec - Jan 2022. !!! Called and talked to a rep and he said that a lot of people are getting pushed back and completing the profile as much as possible could help with better prioritization.

I'm in the same boat as everyone here... ordered model y in June when estimate was 4 - 8 weeks and delivery timeline has changed 3 times and is now Oct 6 - Oct 26. I think what we're seeing here is normally called "lying". Fewer people would place an order if shown the realistic delivery timeline of 18 - 28 weeks!