Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date moved way up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model YLR a couple weeks ago. At the time of ordering I was given a delivery of June 2022 which was perfect for me. Today I just checked my Tesla app and it now shows delivery of Jan 10 - Feb 8, 2022. Anyone else seeing delivery dates moved up drastically?
I really didn’t want it in January and was hoping for a delivery closer to my original date of June 2022.

I ordered a Model YLR a couple weeks ago. At the time of ordering I was given a delivery of June 2022 which was perfect for me. Today I just checked my Tesla app and it now shows delivery of Jan 10 - Feb 8, 2022. Anyone else seeing delivery dates moved up drastically?
I really didn’t want it in January and was hoping for a delivery closer to my original date of June 2022.
What I've seen (multiple orders) is that the more options you put on the car and the more $$$ goes to The Company, the sooner you get it. You will get a Performance trim faster than bare bones with standard white color and rims. When I was at the local Tesla storefront last week, the "curator" showed me that just upgrading the wheels moved delivery date from October 2022 to June 2022.

Did you add the FSD option perhaps?

We don't know how many Model 3s Hertz has on order. Whatever the number is will affect Fremont production of Model S, X, 3 and Y.

FWIW, I think they are being very conservative in delivery dates. Right now all North American Model Ys come from Fremont (and Model 3, S, X). Very soon now ("two weeks"?) we will see Berlin and Austin factories start to crank out Model Ys (but not Model 3, S, X). IMHO, delivery dates for Model Y (only) will advance very rapidly after that starts.

Same. Today it’s saying Dec 17! 😳 I called my SA to verify and it’s accurate. Lots of people waiting on tax credit.

Yes I ordered one in October 2021 and asked for a delivery date of May 2022 as I will be out of the country until then. Today December 7 , 2021 they say it is ready and if I don’t or can’t receive it now I will lose my deposit and may not get one in May and the price will be higher than quoted. I have a copy of the text message before I ordered it saying they could delay delivery until May 2022. Not impressed. I thought the deposit meant we had a contract?

Yes I ordered one in October 2021 and asked for a delivery date of May 2022 as I will be out of the country until then. Today December 7 , 2021 they say it is ready and if I don’t or can’t receive it now I will lose my deposit and may not get one in May and the price will be higher than quoted. I have a copy of the text message before I ordered it saying they could delay delivery until May 2022. Not impressed. I thought the deposit meant we had a contract?
Please keep me posted on what happens with your situation.
Just yesterday in my Tesla account I now show a March/April 2022 delivery date. I spoke to my SC about it because I would still
Like a May/June delivery which is what I was expecting and told when I placed my order. My SC said no issues and if they say it’s ready sooner than May/June I can simply decline the one they offer me and wait until May/June and they will offer me a different one. I’ve never heard of this before. Figured once they issue me a VIN that’s the one I get. Guess we will see.

I've had three VINs assigned now. I initially ordered in May then went under contract on a house and needed to hold my order until the house closed. The hold came off on Oct 1 and I figured I was ok, then got notice of a VIN assignement and delivery of Oct 22, ahead of closing. So I released the VIN and went back on hold. Nov 1 they took me off hold and again i figured i would be ok for late november closing, and again a VIN was assigned with delivery before closing, so back on hold. We finally closed on NOv 22 and i took the car off hold. Initially the app said i had a delivery date of Jan15-Feb 14. Two days later I had a VIN and will be taking delivery on Monday. The SA told me that if i put it on hold again to take advantage of the credit i would likely get cancelled and lose my deposit. People putting their cars on hold is also likely the reason for the nearly immediate VIN assignments, according to the SA.

I chose to keep this VIN because my purchase price from May compared to the new price and late CY22 delivery for a new order would mean that the tax credit would almost be a wash vs my contract price now.

food for thought.

Reactions: voxel