TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

DELIVERY DATE on Design Studio Changing Fast for the Model S!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ArtInCT, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

I have just noticed this AM that on the Design Studio, the DELIVERY DATE is now February. Just 5 days ago it changed from LATE DECEMBER to JANUARY.
    I wonder if the Model S production line will soon be switching over the European / Australian / Far East RHD cars or what?

Wonder if there will be a plant shutdown this year just like they did right after the Holidays last year?

Or is the delivery message taking into account my East Coast location and the slower pace of transportation in the Winter??

Thoughts... Rumors... Ideas... Wild Ass Guesses?

2. _TTT_

_TTT_ Member

Yesterday it said Late December for me. Today - Feb. I think they will prioritize Model X for a while. Contrary to popular belief, there is no production line switch for EU or HK/AU cars - they are all built interchangeably on the same line with NA cars.

3. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

This is my guess as well: MX.

4. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

Isn't the MX using a different production line?

5. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Nope. While there are different body lines and such, the final assembly line includes both the S and the X.

Jeff