Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order for a Model Y back in April. The ETA was December until last week when it changed to October. Today I received a text saying it will be built in the next couple of days and I need to schedule a time for delivery. So I go to the calendar and the only two options for delivery are 9/28 and 9/29. It just so happens that I'm out of town this week until 10/1. I texted back asking if I could pick it up after 10/1 and they are basically saying that's impossible and they cannot hold the vehicle past this week. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard frankly, how can they not hold it for another couple of days after having waited 6 months? I don't have anyone else that can pick it up for me either. Has anyone else experienced this or know of some workaround? If this order ends up getting cancelled I don't think I'll ever get another Tesla again after such a crappy customer experience.

Any help would be appreciated!

There is no workaround. Your delivery was bumped up because they have a car they want you to take delivery of THIS quarter (i.e. before Oct 1). If you can’t take it, it goes to someone else that WILL take delivery this month. I doubt they will outright cancel your order, but you’ll probably end up going back to the original ~December delivery date.

Only thing Tesla really cares about is those quarterly delivery numbers.

Yep....they always want to pad their numbers at EOQ. This used to just be a Cali thing but now will be a TX thing also. Even when they aren't trying to pad the EOQ, they rarely give people much option to delay even a few days which is ridiculous. But it is how Tesla operates.

If you decline, you will get back into line. That could mean you get another VIN shortly or it may mean you go back to a December date. You won't be put further back in line than before.