Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would work only if you have residency in Ontario.

Sorry, Steph_S. I see you are in Ontario. Years ago, I was able to get a temporary license (placed it in the front windshield) to move an unplated car to a new storage location. Perhaps you could arrange something like this. If not, maybe it's possible for you to register and pick up plates in Ontario and take them with you to the Montreal location.

As far as the $8,500 rebate goes, you should be able to make application yourself.

Sorry, Steph_S. I see you are in Ontario. Years ago, I was able to get a temporary license (placed it in the front windshield) to move an unplated car to a new storage location. Perhaps you could arrange something like this. If not, maybe it's possible for you to register and pick up plates in Ontario and take them with you to the Montreal location.

As far as the $8,500 rebate goes, you should be able to make application yourself.

Thanks everyone for your input. The reason I asked is because my DS recently contacted me and recommended that I take delivery in Laval (Montreal) instead of Toronto because it is closer to Ottawa. They questioned why I was picking it up in Toronto. I explained that I wanted to make sure the car was registered in Ontario, and that I wanted the Ontario EV rebate, and also the Ontario provincial taxes instead of Québec taxes.

I'm waiting to hear back from my DS on this... Maybe they can deliver an "Ontarian car" from Montreal if I bring my own plates with me... I'll keep you all posted.

Holly smokes, i just got my VIN in the app too! It could be here in a week! I better get going on finishing my 14-50 plug!

I have the cabling to my connection in place, just need to terminate the plug and cabling at the panel. The 14-50 is a stop gap until I build an open EVSE J1772 charger. All of the parts are on order, just waiting for those too. I will have it set up for the full 40 amps of the single charger. Also looking at an auto transformer arrangement to boost the 240V slightly to increase the input power to get the full 10kW. I am an electrical engineer and like to take my work home...

We have a couple of level 3 DC chargers being installed in Victoria also. Should be available end of the month. Not sure of the charging configuration though. Probably need another adapter for those.

I am P484, VIN 6086; They sure are jumping around with reservation numbers!

Just heard from Alex. The cars are STILL stuck at the border. He says it's been elevated at TM corporate but words are cheap.

Must admit I'm frustrated. :)

As I already told you, the previous batch ( with my car) was stuck at the border for more than 10 days... and when the truck was release, it took 4 more days to have the car ready in Montreal... First quality for a Tesla owner is "patience"

Last edited:
As I already told you, the previous batch ( with my car) was stuck at the border for 10 days... and when the truck was release, it took 4 more days to have the car ready in Montreal... First quality for a Tesla owner is "patience"

Yes, I've learned to have patience through my kids. My official delivery window ends on Sunday but I've resigned myself to the fact that it will get here when it gets here. My only source of anxiety right now is around getting all the paper work lined up with a moving target.

@morristhecat, when are you getting the car? Let's try that Whistler trip again :)

I am guessing it will come in 1-2 weeks, but I really don't know. I think it might be built now since it is showing up in the app, so probably sometime soon. Would love to do the Whister run sometime - Sea to Sky Highway is probably the best place to drive a performance car in BC. Can't commit now, but will sometime! :)

Do we know how many cars are in this bunch stuck in Michigan? All of a sudden, I've gotten a flurry of delivery-related activity from Tesla and am wondering if my car may be in that bunch. My delivery window was given as Mar 7-21 and my VIN is 6003.

Do we know how many cars are in this bunch stuck in Michigan? All of a sudden, I've gotten a flurry of delivery-related activity from Tesla and am wondering if my car may be in that bunch. My delivery window was given as Mar 7-21 and my VIN is 6003.

That is possible, as far as we know, they could be accumulating at the border and when whatever is holding them up is figured out they will all be let through in one big gush. what I don't understand is why we are hearing of deliveries to people in B.C. Shouldn't they be having similar issues crossing the border?

Hi All,
i don't know if this is the right spot to ask, but here goes!
I'm P272 grey, air, kids seat, no tech, 60kw, 19's Jan8th finalized with spring suspension, then emailed just to ask if I could change to air. They phoned me back within a couple of days and said yes because my order was not sent into the factory yet. It would cost me the $2,500 new price plus any changes. I said thanks I'll sleep on it and call back if I want to do anything. Few days later I went to my Tesla home page and it was waiting for me to finalize. I changed to air, but there was no $2,500 extra charge and pushed the button. Next day they called and said they will honour the old price. Signed back the paperwork on Feb 27.
When do you think i'll see a vin, or a delivery.
Second question? Are they doing home delivery in Ontario.

Jean-François from Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Quebec) took delivery of his MS (VIN #4543). It's a midnight blue standard performance 85 KwH. He took all the options except child-seats and armor.

It was nice to see her ... the midnight blue is really a BEAUTY. Now, I realize I'm just torturing myself ... can't wait to get mine !!

Also, want to point out that Jean-François bought TWO CS-90 EVSE from Sun Country. One inside his garage at home, but most importantly, one at his office, which is nearby a commercial strip in his city (POP 92 000), and nearby an highway. The public charger will be available 24/7. Free to use, but voluntary donations will be welcomed. It should be installed at the end of april (need to do some digging ...).

Take note that St-Jean-sur-Richelieu has NO public charging stations right now !!

I'm very proud of convincing him about the importance of that ... I hope that we will have high amp EVSE installed EVERYWHERE that are publicly accessible, and I think that the best way is that Tesla owners participate in that «mission».

Please follow this link to see pictures of Jean-François and his MS : http://roulezelectrique.com/un-heureux-proprietaire-dune-tesla-modele-s-bleu-nuit/

Last edited:
Kyle,

Yes, our car was delivered on Friday. Scheduled to arrive on Monday the 25th, then delayed until Wed, Thurs, finally arrived on Friday. A combination of truck and weather delays I'm told. It actually worked out well for me as I had been out of the country until Friday morning. Was very happy to be here when it arrived! Here are a couple of photos, one in our garage with our other EV (converted Miata). I hadn't driven the S prior to taking delivery and had only seen KBF's car briefly a few weeks ago (thanks again Kyle). No disappointment so far! The car is amazing in so many ways. It is a very different driving experience that I'm sure will spoil us for ICE vehicles. Long live the EV and long live Tesla!

DSC_0608.JPG
DSC_0611.JPG