Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would bet that the problem is on the US Customs side.

Last year, I helped a friend import a Chevy VOLT from Michigan to Québec. The «hardest» part was the US Customs side (you have to get a OK TO EXPORT authorization from them). They are very picky and you have to provide them documents at least 48 hours in advance (if my memory is good).

When we got on the Canadian Customs, they were much more friendly with us. The main thing that was important for them was getting paid for the taxes !!

Heard from Alex. Cars still stuck in Michigan.

I've scheduled my delivery for March 14th at 10am.

Something to look forward to while on vacation. :)

Enjoy your vacation Zax, I suggest not bringing anything connected to the internet :biggrin:

I hope you make it through customs faster than our cars!

I am still holding some hope for a delivery before I return to work next week, fingers & toes crossed.

Hey zax! We can even take pictures of your MS while we pick up ours! It will be a pleasure to email them to you!! :)

By the way, just got an email from Alex: In the truck where my car is, there is a total of 4 MS that are heading for Laval !!

I wonder whose cars the 3 others are for maybe pbrulott MS is among them? :)

Hey hey, what a nice thought sly :) I'm didn't stop reading you guys even if I am on vacation out of the country with my kids and wife. I'll take anything after March 13th. My $$$ are ready, my electric installation is ready, still expecting a follow up call from TD for my insurance hope that they will stick to their original quoted price.

Hey zax! We can even take pictures of your MS while we pick up ours! It will be a pleasure to email them to you!! :)

By the way, just got an email from Alex: In the truck where my car is, there is a total of 4 MS that are heading for Laval !!

I wonder whose cars the 3 others are ... maybe pbrulott MS is among them? :)

Sly,

LOVE pics of my baby if you get a chance.:) thanks!

VIN 5541 :)

Okay, so this is weird. I sent in the Scotiabank application earlier today and Palo Alto says they'll have a credit decision tomorrow. Still waiting on the final word on my trade-in. Just now, I get a message on my cell saying they're calling about my upcoming delivery and they'd like to get me in this weekend. What? Are cars getting through? Was my car on that shipment? If true, I've got a lot of i's to dot and t's to cross in short order. It's late and I'll call tomorrow, but I thought there'd be a bit more notice.

Keep the faith guys, totally worth the wait...

Just did my second round trip to Mont-Blanc, up north, today, ending with 70 km of rated range, with some spirited driving for the last stretch.

The first trip was a little stressful, not having much long distance experience with the car yet.
I ended up reaching Mont-Blanc (110 km from my home) with 170 km of range, starting from 317 km, of a full range charge, and going the speed limit.
I thought it was a bit on the high side, but there is a lot of climbing involved. When we got back into the car, it was now showing 140 km of rated range. Oops.

The return trip gives you all that back, going down most of the way back to St-Jerome. I used 40 km of rated range to make up the 60 km between Mont-Blanc and St-Jerome, and then knew there was no problem, and went a little bit above the recommended speed... :)

All around pleasurable day trips ...

Okay, so this is weird. I sent in the Scotiabank application earlier today and Palo Alto says they'll have a credit decision tomorrow. Still waiting on the final word on my trade-in. Just now, I get a message on my cell saying they're calling about my upcoming delivery and they'd like to get me in this weekend. What? Are cars getting through? Was my car on that shipment? If true, I've got a lot of i's to dot and t's to cross in short order. It's late and I'll call tomorrow, but I thought there'd be a bit more notice.

Please let us know if this is indeed the case, and if you can whether there are Montreal-bound cars in your shipment :wink:

Yeah, everything for my delivery was last minute, too. Mind you they were working insane hours, like 20+, during my delivery.