Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date set, growing the family

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only had my Model 3 for 2 weeks and in love with Tesla. Wife was jealous as well. She has been driving a 2016 Cadillac Escalade... on course for 20k miles/year, and lovely 12-14mpg when lucky.

We decided to rent a Model X off Turo for an extended test drive, since many of the local locations (just outside the Bay Area) were too busy, or only overnight, and we wanted to try it for a full day. We both were sold. Simply amazing how much we could store in it without having to fold down any seats.

Talking with the Dublin store, we found a number of options available from inventory (my wife was flexible on color), so reserved one yesterday in Monterey, got moved to Fremont today, and delivery appointment set up for Friday morning. 75D, MSM, black interior, six seat, EAP... had black 22" and was supposed to be swapped for 20". Looking forward to it. :D

Last thing that hopefully falls into place... finally got the check from selling my Porsche back to the dealership a few weeks ago, and I'm praying it posts tomorrow, or that I can go into the bank and get the hold lifted. Otherwise, my plans are screwed if its held until next week. :)

• Love
Reactions: jboy210
Only had my Model 3 for 2 weeks and in love with Tesla. Wife was jealous as well. She has been driving a 2016 Cadillac Escalade... on course for 20k miles/year, and lovely 12-14mpg when lucky.

We decided to rent a Model X off Turo for an extended test drive, since many of the local locations (just outside the Bay Area) were too busy, or only overnight, and we wanted to try it for a full day. We both were sold. Simply amazing how much we could store in it without having to fold down any seats.

Talking with the Dublin store, we found a number of options available from inventory (my wife was flexible on color), so reserved one yesterday in Monterey, got moved to Fremont today, and delivery appointment set up for Friday morning. 75D, MSM, black interior, six seat, EAP... had black 22" and was supposed to be swapped for 20". Looking forward to it. :D

Last thing that hopefully falls into place... finally got the check from selling my Porsche back to the dealership a few weeks ago, and I'm praying it posts tomorrow, or that I can go into the bank and get the hold lifted. Otherwise, my plans are screwed if its held until next week. :)

You could rob the bank!

I got my car from Dublin also. Great group of people. Wish I could have taken delivery there instead of Fremont.

And did you sell the Porsche to Tesla, or back to Porsche?