Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date shows October now for my model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
South Florida resident, model y msm long range with the dark wheels. Ordered a while ago, first it said august then September now it says October as of today . Anyone else on the east coast experience the new delays. I am hoping this is wrong

White LR/Black/5/20”/Hitch order placed in June bounced around from between 8/5 and 8/16 to between 9/1 and 9/13. Now it’s simply October. Never got a VIN or any communication from any sales advisor since June when I placed the order on my phone. Two weeks ago I switched from lease to finance over the phone with Tesla, but the delay to October didn’t happen until a few days ago. When I called Tesla, I specifically asked if the switch would delay my delivery, and was told that as long as I didn’t make any changes to the vehicle I ordered, the switch to financing wouldn’t cause any delay in delivery. I guess I shouldn’t have given it a second thought since the delays seem to be built in to a Tesla order. Guess it’s not too bad a thing to have a vehicle so popular that you can’t build ‘em fast enough.

Last edited:
Ordered in June. Blue/White MY LR. EDD has bounced around from Various dates in July to early September. Currently it has been changing daily ranging from October to August. No VIN. I don't think they have a clue at Tesla but it is abundantly clear that they are prioritizing new MY P orders. I believe they are bumping existing MY LR orders every time a MY P is ordered. Then they are looking for a new slot for the bumped order and if they don't have one you get one of those "October' notifications.

Tonight it's 6-8 weeks for Model Y P but 'December' for a Model Y LR. To meet that they either have to keep a lot of open production slots for MY P open until filled or bump the LR orders on a case by case basis.

South Florida resident, model y msm long range with the dark wheels. Ordered a while ago, first it said august then September now it says October as of today . Anyone else on the east coast experience the new delays. I am hoping this is wrong
South Florida also. I too had October and was very bummed. Today back to early September. Ordered 6-20 5 weeks + delivery. Doubtful south Florida will see any august deliveries for June orders according to my sa.

6/17 OD W/W 7 Seat Tow 20" Wheels. Was bounced to October at beginning of the week. Been August-Sept the whole time. Have the grayed out blue button. Bounced back to Sept4-20 yesterday. Really hoping its one of those September end of quarter deals where most of us will take deliver in September. Was hopeful when I ordered I would get it in August(it said 6-10 weeks when I ordered) to have some summer months to drive it. By the time I get it, might have to have a winter tire package ready to go.

Ordered lrmy in blue/white interior back in mid June. Still no vin. Live in Georgia.

Estd delivery had been bouncing around between July and Oct delivery dates. Finally settled down since beginning of August to a 2-5 week range.... but now daily pushes back by one day. I.e., yesterday earliest date was Aug 29. Today earliest day is Aug 30.

Not sure if this indicates a part they are waiting on and can't get, or just that there's perpetually higher priority orders (more expensive and/or geographically closer to factory)?

Ordered y white with induction wheels..first delivery date was early Aug...then had no date for about 3 weeks...then to September now showing Oct 30 - Nov 11..still hoping for sooner lol