Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Sooner than Expected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model X 6 seat (no FSD) in December 2021. As of last week the delivery estimate was December 2022-March 2023. Yesterday I get a text that the car is available for pickup next week. I checked the vin and it shows manufacturing in July.

Am I getting a fixed lemon/ rejected vehicle or something or that sort? Or should I accept delivery?

Reactions: PreguntsAnswrs
Ordered a Model X 6 seat (no FSD) in December 2021. As of last week the delivery estimate was December 2022-March 2023. Yesterday I get a text that the car is available for pickup next week. I checked the vin and it shows manufacturing in July.

Am I getting a fixed lemon/ rejected vehicle or something or that sort? Or should I accept delivery?
If it was manufactured in July, and it is currently October, and there is a months-long backlog to fill new orders, I think it’s safe to say you are getting someone else’s reject.

Cars don’t sit around for 3 months before delivery.

How can you tell the manufacture date by vin?

What did you end up doing?