Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date today.. nope

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was supposed to take delivery of my LR blue model S my delivery date was set for 5pm June 15th.. I get a call 1 hour before delivery that my vin was reassigned and delivery is 2 July 7th. I’m more pissed that you clearly knew and you wait to call me an hour before. The reasoning the vin was reassigned and they didn’t know they just saw a vin. Top grade service here

• Love
Reactions: DaBean
On m’y delivery day, the same thing happened. The SC called other SC’s in The area and found exact Same spec’d car. It was 40 miles
Away and I told them I didn’t mind if they put the extra mileage on my car as long as I could
Get it the next day. They worked out with the other SC and someone there drove the car to my home.
But the whole process of ordering, waiting while approx delivery dates were being pushed back and then the actual delivery date getting changed.
I should add that I had ordered pre-refresh and did receive my car in June of last year which was the first month they began delivering a few LR autos. So I was fortunate to receive my LR S in the first batch as Tesla was trying to show they were delivering some refreshed S models before the end of their 2nd quarter last year.

There were no Custom Service people to talk with and I felt the whole Tesla process was amateurish and I would never order another car from Tesla. It is my first EV and Tesla and I did not realize that this was typical for them.

I love the car and that anger disappeared rather quickly. But when I am ready to relplace this car in a couple years I am hopeful that some of the competition will have it’s crap together so that I have better options than Tesla. I am hopeful that Mercedes will have some nice electric vehicle choices by then as I have always liked Mercedes (my 4 previous cars were MB). The Tesla is great but the finish and interior are inferior to other luxury vehicles. All my MB’s looked
And felt luxurious. And I enjoyed working with the same people at a great dealership and service center.
I have had no issues at all with my Tesla but if/when I do, I am not particularly looking forward to making a SC appointment through the Tesla app. It seems random and I am concerned that the service experience will be similar to my ordering and delivery experience.
I like being able to call a service dept and making an appointment and having them insure me that I will be given a nice loaner until any issue is resolved.