Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model Y Extended Range AWD yesterday with a 5-9 week delivery date. Any idea if the vehicle will come in sooner rather than later? Anyone get their car sooner than they expected? What about some of the early issues, i.e. paint issues, fit issues, panel tolerances, trunk and door closing issues, etc.?
Thanks

In general no one, even your SA if you have one, can tell you if it will come early. You have to look out for a vin to be assigned to you and then you can start to get some type of legitimate timeframe on when delivery will be. Also keep in mind that you live in FL so it will take some time after the build is done to get to you. .

Upvote 0
Ordered a Model Y Extended Range AWD yesterday with a 5-9 week delivery date. Any idea if the vehicle will come in sooner rather than later? Anyone get their car sooner than they expected? What about some of the early issues, i.e. paint issues, fit issues, panel tolerances, trunk and door closing issues, etc.?
Thanks
I ordered Apr 1 with same 5-9 weeks. But the next day I got a time frame of delivery from Apr 20-May 15. Big gap but that beats 9 weeks

Upvote 0
I ordered my Y long range, with 7 seats on 03/28 where it took a few days to get my delivery window. When I made my order the window was 1-10 weeks. Huge window but it was estimated to be delivered between 04/17-05/15.
Since then I can’t even tell you how many times the window has changed. The window got pushed back so many times but it got pushed forward at least twice and as of now my window is from 05/09 - 05/29

Upvote 0
Thanks
I’ve learned on this forum that delivery times vary widely depending on many factors. Personally I ordered in early January had a 6 week approximate delivery date and a week later I had a vin and delivery date so I declined it since I wasn’t ready until at least March (lease had a few months left)
I ended up taking delivery in late February and didn’t have any quality fit and finish issues at all
But recently I’ve seen a lot delivery dates get pushed on this forum so the answer is “welcome to Tesla time!”

Upvote 0