Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confirmed my order for an 85 on March 31 and the estimated delivery at the time was early June. On April 9th, Tesla scheduled a May 21st pick up date. Earlier this week, on May 13th, they contacted me an told me my car could be picked up on Friday May 16th, but that day did not work for me. We moved the date to May 19th, but I just got a call saying due to continuing quality inspections on a number of cars, my delivery date is now uncertain.

Hopefully there's not a serious problem here ... My delivery rep was very vague as to why they can't pinpoint a date. I was just about to unload my CT200h in anticipation of delivery, but I suppose I will hang on to that until I get a new date.

Do not quote me on this, but I read over on the Tesla Forum that the plant is shutting down in early July to ramp up another assembly line. That could explain the longer waiting periods for more recently-ordered cars.
I think that was actually in the shareholder letter. Also I think they prefer to build European or I imagine China bound cars early in the quarter they can be a delivery the same quarter. I am just surprised how quickly it progressed since some people ordering May 9th are getting cars in June.