Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day and Comfort Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my MYLR with 20" wheels this morning. Having never owned a Tesla before I was more than a little concerned about delivery issues / body panels not lining up, etc. Also the major concern I had when purchasing the car was that I test drove my friend's 2020 MYLR and the ride was extremely stiff / bumpy, I hated his suspension.

This week I received the $3,750 rebate for December delivery (I didn't ask for it, it just popped into my account and I was more than a little happy about it). This meant that I was also much less likely to not accept the car if it had any defects since I would be risking the rebate.

About 10 seconds into going over the car during delivery my brain decided "any flaws do not matter, the car is ridiculous." I still went over it checking for scratches, panels not aligned, etc. and found nothing wrong, so far car appears to be built perfectly and drives perfectly.

Pre-delivery I confirmed the car was built with the new Comfort Suspension. I can confirm the suspension is nothing like the prior model year I test drove, the car rides extremely smooth, even with the larger wheels. Suspension was my one hesitation and I am very relieved at how smooth the ride is.

I'm writing this review because all the previous reviews I read seemed to describe some problem / issue with the car during delivery, which makes sense to me because talking about things working fine is generally boring. However I just wanted to put it out there for any worriers that are awaiting delivery that things may go fine. Better than fine actually. Good luck.

F0F28E8E-2AD6-4A96-9C48-2A052C55FA4F.jpeg

I changed to KW V3 and set it 2 clicks softer than default upfront and 4 clicks softer than default at the rear. Superb ride and stability. The default setting is great for aggressive driving but is not for me. I just want 3 series (BMW) level sporty handling and comfort. The stock suspension was bordering on sub standard.

I just received an email stating that my VIN has been assigned. Aren't I supposed to have a SA assigned as well, so that I can contact them if I had any questions? Is your 10th digit of your VIN a P? It's supposed to be the model year, with N being 2022. Mine is P, so I'm guessing they skipped O for 2023.
Yes, mine is a P as well. I received a text from the SA (it wasn’t from anyone in particular) that I was able to ask questions of.

Reactions: KimDicus2003
My father took delivery of one of these with the comfort suspension but there were a few QC issues with the car. The interior a pillar was heavily scuffed up, and one of the cameras on the right side of the car completely failed due to water damage. I will say that coming from my 2021 sr+, the comfort suspension is a game changer. Makes me want to get ohlins haha!

I just picked up my MYLR with 20" wheels this morning. Having never owned a Tesla before I was more than a little concerned about delivery issues / body panels not lining up, etc. Also the major concern I had when purchasing the car was that I test drove my friend's 2020 MYLR and the ride was extremely stiff / bumpy, I hated his suspension.

This week I received the $3,750 rebate for December delivery (I didn't ask for it, it just popped into my account and I was more than a little happy about it). This meant that I was also much less likely to not accept the car if it had any defects since I would be risking the rebate.

About 10 seconds into going over the car during delivery my brain decided "any flaws do not matter, the car is ridiculous." I still went over it checking for scratches, panels not aligned, etc. and found nothing wrong, so far car appears to be built perfectly and drives perfectly.

Pre-delivery I confirmed the car was built with the new Comfort Suspension. I can confirm the suspension is nothing like the prior model year I test drove, the car rides extremely smooth, even with the larger wheels. Suspension was my one hesitation and I am very relieved at how smooth the ride is.

I'm writing this review because all the previous reviews I read seemed to describe some problem / issue with the car during delivery, which makes sense to me because talking about things working fine is generally boring. However I just wanted to put it out there for any worriers that are awaiting delivery that things may go fine. Better than fine actually. Good luck.

View attachment 881367
Congratulations!
Is the car manufactured in Giga Texas/Fremont? What is this "Comfort Suspension"?
I ordered a MY P, it hopefully comes from Germany, but I haven't found this in the features description.

I just picked up my MYP this weekend. Same as you I did not find any issues with the car. Everything was in good working order. The only disappointment so far was the lack of the USS in the front. I paid for enhanced autopilot and can’t use half of the features.

Really enjoying it but can’t wait for the software updates to enable the rest of the features I paid for.
What is USS?

I just picked up my MYP this weekend. Same as you I did not find any issues with the car. Everything was in good working order. The only disappointment so far was the lack of the USS in the front. I paid for enhanced autopilot and can’t use half of the features.

Really enjoying it but can’t wait for the software updates to enable the rest of the features I paid for.
Same! I had no issue thankfully and I'm a first time owner. Looked it over and it was great. Suspension is nice. Can't wait for the next one.

Reactions: OhioBobcat
Congratulations!
Is the car manufactured in Giga Texas/Fremont? What is this "Comfort Suspension"?
I ordered a MY P, it hopefully comes from Germany, but I haven't found this in the features description.
It is a Fremont build. The "Comfort Suspension" is the new suspension Elon announced earlier this year, they're putting it on all 3's and Y's I believe (MYP may already have had it?). I can confirm it's awesome. I believe if your car was built October 2022 or later in US it will have it. It wasn't listed on the specs, I contacted the SA to confirm it had it prior to taking delivery. Good luck

Reactions: AndrasCsanyi