Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery day - Collection or Home Delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am due to get my new Model 3 Performance delivered to home on 21st December. From what I can gather it will be delivered from Tesla Birmingham some time between 8.00am and 8.00pm. As it's a lease car (from Zenith through work) it's delivered not collected by me. I am a little apprehensive about having it delivered incase it gets damaged and if it arrives in the dark, on a positive note I won't have to get myself to Birmingham. Should I be nervous or just let them get on with it. Also will it be driven or delivered on a trailer? Having not owned a Tesla before this is all new to me.

My allocation was originally for one aboard Glovis Crystal and was invited to get myself somehow to Thorpe Park (something like 1.5 - 2 hours drive from here on a good day) on 15th Dec to collect it. No way am I willing to go in a taxi in these COVID times (which would cost north of £200 anyway) and its a bit far to attempt on a folding bike to put in the boot - sorry, 'trunk' as no doubt the screen will insist on calling it. They were persuaded to deliver to me instead - as a bonus, the allocation changed to one on an earlier ship so it now arrives at home this Friday. I think I gathered it comes on a low loader which makes sense, or the driver would be somewhat stranded!

Reactions: K44ENT
K44ENT, I'm in the same situation with the same co car supplier.
To be honest as work is so busy at the moment I would struggle to cope with collection that seems to chop and change at the last minute.
Home delivery is much better for me and I have had 4 colleagues have trouble free deliveries of M3's since June.
Still waiting for my delivery text though.....:(

Reactions: craigwbaker
K44ENT, I'm in the same situation with the same co car supplier.
To be honest as work is so busy at the moment I would struggle to cope with collection that seems to chop and change at the last minute.
Home delivery is much better for me and I have had 4 colleagues have trouble free deliveries of M3's since June.
Still waiting for my delivery text though.....:(

That's reassuring, when did you order? Maybe worth giving Tesla a call to push things along.

Ah K44ENT, I recognise that name from JagInfo!

My M3P is also via a lease company, Arval, but I'm down to collect from Birmingham on the 17th. Haven't been offered delivery.

Yes, was on JagInfo a long time ago, there has been Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes and more BMW's since then, Recently sold my M2 and now waiting on the M3P. Bet yours is on the same boat as mine then.

Yes, was on JagInfo a long time ago, there has been Audi's, BMW's, Mercedes and more BMW's since then, Recently sold my M2 and now waiting on the M3P. Bet yours is on the same boat as mine then.

Based on when I got allocation and collection appointment text, I’m assuming the Glovis Crystal.

I was still in an XFS until this weekend gone. Not that I’ve frequented JagInfo much over the last couple of years. Now carless until the Tesla arrives.

Ah K44ENT, I recognise that name from JagInfo!

My M3P is also via a lease company, Arval, but I'm down to collect from Birmingham on the 17th. Haven't been offered delivery.

Ring Tesla and ask (firmly). I was down to collect from Stockport but I told them that there was no way that I was going to travel on public transport for nearly 2 hours in the middle of a pandemic. If they wanted to get it on their numbers then they needed to deliver. I also advised my companycar scheme of the same (and that they'd be paying for the hire car for longer).
Got a text within a few hours to say that it had been changed to home delivery.

Always worth asking!

Reactions: RabC63
Ring Tesla and ask (firmly). I was down to collect from Stockport but I told them that there was no way that I was going to travel on public transport for nearly 2 hours in the middle of a pandemic. If they wanted to get it on their numbers then they needed to deliver. I also advised my companycar scheme of the same (and that they'd be paying for the hire car for longer).
Got a text within a few hours to say that it had been changed to home delivery.

Always worth asking!

I don’t mind collecting. I live a 15 minute train ride away from the Birmingham showroom so it’s very easy for me to get there. Plus I like the reassurance of collecting in person in case there are any issues.

Managed to get mine changed to home delivery today - was not looking forward to several hours on public transport during a pandemic to get to Edinburgh Newbridge (Collecting from the central Edinburgh store would have been easier by train).