Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day coming up in a week! (Good News Thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla MY owners/buyers!

My delivery day is coming up next week, and I'm very anxious about it. We all tell the horror stories but tend to stay quiet when things go smoothly. It's just natural.

This thread is for me and for those who are worried sick about accepting/rejecting the car.

Please share your good delivery experience here, how long it took, what did you talk about, how did you get there. This is a thread to brighten the process a little bit, since we are all too familiar with the poor experiences already!

My wife and I just ordered our MY FSD, and we were really blown away by that first "Welcome to the Tesla Family" call from our advisor. We have our eyes wide open, but so far, this has just been such a breath of fresh air. We were one of the first buyers of the Mark II Prius in Florida back in 2004, and we have been in love with our Volt since we had it built in 2013, but this is really a new paradigm in car buying -- and the machines, EVSE network, support, etc. are really on a higher plane for the price that we're paying. At it's core, a car is just a box on wheels that carries you from A to B -- but then we have these amazing (mostly) solar-powered Next Gen EVs that are clean, safe, fast, quiet, comfortable, smart, cheap to operate, and so damned fun to drive that we're wetting our pants when we're behind the wheel. We have shown our cars all over the state of Florida, and have given over (at least) a hundred ride-and-drives so far. I can't wait to share the Tesla experience with others, once this damned virus is under control.

Reactions: helvio
My conversation with a friend:

Q: How was your pickup experience with the Y?
A: Overall it's great. Love the car and glad I got it. Functionally awesome. Cosmetically ok; some nits to watch out for. Nothing major, but go over the trim when you pick up and have dealer note it. They'll fix it for free with service visits.

My conversation with a friend:

Q: How was your pickup experience with the Y?
A: Overall it's great. Love the car and glad I got it. Functionally awesome. Cosmetically ok; some nits to watch out for. Nothing major, but go over the trim when you pick up and have dealer note it. They'll fix it for free with service visits.

You picked it up from Devon? What is your VIN and build date. Congrats!

Could he guarantee this? When I asked my Tesla guy, he said "I can't see anything about it in the notes". I would think Tesla on purpose doesn't let the salespeople know if it's been rejected?

I shared my concern with him when I ordered that I was worried I would get someone’s reject. He told me that as soon as I got my VIN he would be able to look it up and know if it had been previously rejected. I e-mailed him when I got the VIN and this is what he told me.

Don't worry, go and assess your car and the experience on its merits. The extent of issues is overblown and amplified hugely online, intentionally by some and just because people complain more than they compliment.

Even if there are things to fix, my experience with service over two years and 90,000km has been nothing short of amazing - super-helpful rangers coming to me at work or at home versus hours and $100s spent in shuttles and dealerships with my gassers. Sure it's just my opinion but you'd never think this could happen if you just listen to the "all Tesla service sucks" narrative.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn