Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day Delight!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery went off without a hitch. Handed the driver a cashier's check and he handed me the keycards to a well built MY. I christened it "Volksla" because it evokes the vibe of a hippie Volkswagen Minibus from the 1960s. Attempted to tip the driver but he declined saying it was company policy. Build-wise, I'm impressed. Some minor issues -- a few panels weren't quite flush, one tail light was slightly misaligned, minor scuff on a strip of trim -- but I rate the condition at 98. Logged the issues in the Tesla app, on the fly, and got an appointment in November.

Funny aside. The vehicle drove beautifully with the exception of a pretty bad rattle coming from the dash. After a few trips I realized the rattle wasn't coming from the dash. It was a cheap plastic garage remote, rattling on my visor. I silenced it with a little ingenuity. Now the Tesla sounds like it's built like a tank. I passed on $300 Homelink because a $15 option works just as well for me. My BMW requires the press of a button, too, never really bothered me.

I've had my MY less than a day so I'm no expert. IMO it's the best designed vehicle on the road. Handles beautifully! A few days ago I pumped my last two gallons of gas. Today it costs 50 cents a mile to drive my Bimmer around L.A. Hello environment, goodbye to that! I was lucky enough to beat the last few price increases and fortunate enough to qualify for the $1500 CA rebate. And thanks to an outstanding job by an SA who really knew his stuff, he appropriated a VIN when I requested it. I want to send him a nice Amazon gift card but afraid it's against Tesla policy.

A few observations. My lumbar support is functional. I find the Gemini wheels with Aero covers a prefect compliment to the look and ride of a white MY. I think black Inductions look heavy on some colors but compliment others like red and black. Mostly drive in Chill but Standard is an effing gas! What an adrenaline rush. My two profiles are Chill and Standard. The ride is smoother than my 540i M Sport, likely due to its performance tires. Teslas emit lots of 1950s SciFi movie noises like the sound of the doors opening. That Elon is a cutup! Haven't taken many photos yet but here's a placeholder.
IMG_5349.jpeg