Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery day disappointment: none of the doors open from outside after reaching home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my Model Y few hours ago. At the showroom while setting up the car, driver door stopped working from outside. I took a service appointment for this because everything looked good with the car.

Reached home. Parked the car and after few minutes stepped out to do an errand. This time none of the doors opened from outside. I tried unlocking both using the app and key card. Still no luck.

Note : Frunk and Trunk seem to open fine using the app.

Roadside assistance routed me to support. Has anybody faced these problems? Please advise

• Disagree
Reactions: GOVA
...At the showroom while setting up the car, driver door stopped working from outside...
The problem started at the showroom already so it didn't wait until you got home.

I took a service appointment for this because everything looked good with the car.
What does that mean? Did the appointment fix the problem or it's a future appointment that will fix the problem in the future?
Reached home. Parked the car and after few minutes stepped out to do an errand. This time none of the doors opened from outside. I tried unlocking both using the app and key card. Still no luck.
If you didn't take your car in for the appointment to fix it, of course, the problem is still there when you got home.
Sounds like you could crawl in from the trunk and tunnel to the front if you want to drive your car while waiting for the appointment.
Roadside assistance routed me to support. Has anybody faced these problems?
I've heard owners got problems with the phone app but not with your key card.
Please advise
You might want to get Tesla to fix this problem for you.

If this is a traditional dealer, I would not take the delivery with such a headache! Why should buyers put up with such a problem in a brand-new car?

This is from Tesla showroom. While taking delivery three doors opened and closed normally. Even the driver door worked fine for few times. After a while driver door opened from inside only. Service guys said it’s a minor thing and I should be able to get it fixed in a jiffy at a later date since they were already closing for the day. So I took an appointment and left.

I just came through front passenger door, unlocked driver door from inside and used the car. Bit of a hassle but I thought I could live with it for few days but now none of them open from outside. Hopefully I get a sooner appointment.

I just took delivery of my Model Y few hours ago. At the showroom while setting up the car, driver door stopped working from outside. I took a service appointment for this because everything looked good with the car.

Roadside assistance routed me to support. Has anybody faced these problems? Please advise
Assuming you programmed your phone as a key using the card what does it do in the app when you select unlock? Mine unfolds the mirrors and the lights flash.

Ok so you vent the windows………then close them…..IF A WINDOW meets a specified resistance while rolling up it is required to re-open, no decapitations this way
I guess there is no more vent also.

1668660686757.png

Depending on the version of the app you are on you can add the unlatch door option. Hold on one of the quick icons you see on the home page of the app. It will bring up the rest of the icons. If you have the unlatch door one available swap it for one of the controls and see if it works to open your door.

Screenshot_20221117-005747~2.png

Depending on the version of the app you are on you can add the unlatch door option. Hold on one of the quick icons you see on the home page of the app. It will bring up the rest of the icons. If you have the unlatch door one available swap it for one of the controls and see if it works to open your door.

View attachment 875445
Using the unlatch door icon was genius level advice. Thank you

Thank you all! I am back to a little normalcy. Yesterday while driving the car back to home it looks like I turned on locks—> Driver door unlock mode.

This made all other three doors dependent on driver door. Since my driver door outside lever does not work none of the doors opened.

This morning per @P3dStealth idea, I used the unlock latch icon on the app and opened the driver door. Upon entry I turned off that driver door unlock mode.

Now if I unlock the car, all doors unlatch using the outdoor lever. Driver door unlatches using the icon in app. So I am good now. Thank you all again