Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery day Dissatisfaction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I’m not sure if anyone else had such a frustrating experience as I did. Days leading up to delivery, I was being rushed to get my car loan and auto insurance all set up. I was suddenly being assigned to a delivery day on a Wednesday, with only a 24 hour notice, and I still have work! Had my advisor help me push it to Friday so I can leave work earlier to head to Dedham.
Then on Thursday, I was suddenly being told there’s something wrong with the car, they still don’t know what it is, and couldn’t get to it before my delivery. At this moment, I still have no news on what is wrong with the car, and again being assigned a delivery day on a week day I can’t take off.
I really was hoping for a better experience than this :(

Pretty normal for Tesla. Hurry up and pay and get your car, we don’t care about your life. Purchased 2 so far and similar experience both times. At least this most recent one they are delivering to our house so not a big deal. First one had to drive an hour+ to Fremont to pick up.

Hey everyone,

I’m not sure if anyone else had such a frustrating experience as I did. Days leading up to delivery, I was being rushed to get my car loan and auto insurance all set up. I was suddenly being assigned to a delivery day on a Wednesday, with only a 24 hour notice, and I still have work! Had my advisor help me push it to Friday so I can leave work earlier to head to Dedham.
Then on Thursday, I was suddenly being told there’s something wrong with the car, they still don’t know what it is, and couldn’t get to it before my delivery. At this moment, I still have no news on what is wrong with the car, and again being assigned a delivery day on a week day I can’t take off.
I really was hoping for a better experience than this :(
At least they notified you before you were at the dealership picking it up, only to notice yourself that each panel had some kind of dent in it. Then they try to get you to accept it. Not a chance. Now I’ve waited four months and running for a new one (Model X). Delivery experience and follow up by dealer is rated poor thus far.