Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day Inspection and Payment Process. How to do it right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in CA been able to make payment on delivery day this year?

I hope you all can help me out and confirm if what a local California sales advisor is telling me is correct.

I went to my local Tesla sales office in the bay area, CA to ask about the payment and delivery process. The sales advisor I spoke to told me it was policy that the car is paid in full before a delivery date can be scheduled and I cannot inspect the car in advance either. I told her I heard of others who were able to make payment on delivery day and she insisted that in her three years working at Tesla, that has not been possible for the last two years. I questioned if that's accurate and she said she would go talk to the manager. She came back reiterating payment has to be made before delivery.

She later contradicted herself when I asked if customers can bring in a check from the lender on delivery day and she said yes. She went on a tirade about why we won't pay in advance and accused us of thinking they would sell defective cars. She also complained about customers being too picky about their cars. I told her it was reasonable for a customer to inspect the actual car prior to purchase but she said everything they sell is inspected to make sure it is within spec.

Has anyone within this year in CA been able to hold off on payment until accepting the car on delivery day? If so, any idea how downpayment and financing works? I was thinking of bringing a check from the lender and a personal check on delivery date.

The sales advisor I spoke to told me it was policy that the car is paid in full before a delivery date can be scheduled and I cannot inspect the car in advance either. I told her I heard of others who were able to make payment on delivery day and she insisted that in her three years working at Tesla, that has not been possible for the last two years.
So you can't even schedule the pickup date without paying first?

they actually asked me to send them a picture of the check that I plan to give them on delivery date. I had to email the delivery center where I was picking up my vehicle. Once that check was sent, my delivery date was available to me. I don’t know if this is new or not but that’s what happened 2 days ago.

Scheduled pick up my MYP Tues 4/27. I finance and down payment. I emailed Tesla my draft check/letter from my credit union. They told me to bring that on delivery date and a cashier's check for the rest on day of delivery. Didn't had to pay anything upfront before scheduling my picky date.

Scheduled pick up my MYP Tues 4/27. I finance and down payment. I emailed Tesla my draft check/letter from my credit union. They told me to bring that on delivery date and a cashier's check for the rest on day of delivery. Didn't had to pay anything upfront before scheduling my picky date.
What was your order date? I just put down my deposit yesterday….so I’m a WAYS out@!