Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery day is next week and I’ve Misplaced (lost) my driving licence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I’m due to pick up my M3 next week and I’ve lost my driving licence and can’t find it anywhere! A replacement won’t be here in time for collection.

I have a scan of my licence, do you think this along side a licence check completed in the morning will be suitable? I can print both of and take them with me alongside another form of ID?

Hey,

I’m due to pick up my M3 next week and I’ve lost my driving licence and can’t find it anywhere! A replacement won’t be here in time for collection.

I have a scan of my licence, do you think this along side a licence check completed in the morning will be suitable? I can print both of and take them with me alongside another form of ID?
By 'scan', do you mean a picture? If I remember correctly, I just had to upload a picture of my license when I took delivery.

They will need some way to determine that You are You prior to releasing your car to an unknown person showing up.

Imagine they will be able to search DMV records, or you will have something from DMV verifying your lost license.

No license may indeed delay your picking up the car.

They will need some way to determine that You are You prior to releasing your car to an unknown person showing up.

Imagine they will be able to search DMV records, or you will have something from DMV verifying your lost license.

No license may indeed delay your picking up the car.
yeah that makes sense, but I don't recall showing my DL or any identification on delivery. I signed a piece of paper and drove off.

(moderator note).

Added a bit of additional detail to the thread title, because every time I look at this thread title, I read it as "I lost my license" (lost = taken away by authorities)... instead of (lost = misplaced and cant find). The first post is clear that its "lost = misplaced" so added that to the thread title.

Reactions: tm1v2
I’m from Illinois. Therefore, with the crime rate high and fraud high there is so much of that going on. So no they only make them in Springfield and ship them out state wide

Son of a gun!! Thank you for responding; I just looked the NJ MVC up and apparently, we now do temporary licenses and central printing as well. Had no idea - that should tell you the last time I did anything in person at the MVC. :)

Reactions: JPInnovative
Retired police officer here (41 years, two depts, but who counts...). Public Service suggestion; take a pic of your DL on your smartphone. Unless you are involved in some really dramatic incident most officers will be happy to use the photo as adequate proof of having a DL and for whatever purposes the situation calls for.

Rich

(NYPD lt., retired, chief of police Wellfleet MA, retired)

Nobody is even there to look at your license. Good luck finding a human when you pickup your car. You provide all docs info electronically. Including license.

Next I keep preaching to my wife and kids to take photos of important stuff like your license as card whatever. Goes into the cloud for backup.

Nobody is even there to look at your license. Good luck finding a human when you pickup your car. You provide all docs info electronically. Including license.

Next I keep preaching to my wife and kids to take photos of important stuff like your license as card whatever. Goes into the cloud for backup.
^^^This. You’ll be hard pressed finding someone to talk to, let alone someone wanting to look at your driver’s license.