Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts after the first 200 miles:

Driving dynamics - steering is dynamic and the throttle response is obviously unlike any ICE vehicle I’ve ever experienced.

One petal driving - took a few hours but love it

Tesla App - underrated, love not having to carry a bulky car key

Interior lighting and roof are nice touches - give an elevated feeling

Dislikes:

No sunglasses holder

No “oh *sugar*” bar

No carpet in the frunk

Other notes:

SpeedBoost is happening
AppleWatch should be a key

F794D98E-48D5-43C9-AE80-29A165444525.jpeg
17297FAE-377B-49BD-B4BC-4FE9A08CA808.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome, I'm only a month ahead of you but agree on your pros! Re cons, I agree a Frunk mat would be nice and wouldn't cut in to their bottom line enough to justify not supplying one. I bought a console tray from RPMTesla and it holds glasses and everything else. Re the "oh Sh*t" bar, I don't plan on being a passenger so it doesn't bother me! enjoy

My sunglasses go in the door pocket. FWIW.

for awhile I was using the center console...

agree on the Apple Watch as a key but the Apple Watch is really just an extension of my phone so not sure...
Apple Watch does lots of stuff when I forget and leave the iPhone at home - send and receive phone calls texts, stock market quotes and tons of other stuff. It doesn't need a nearby iPhone. Nor sure about the car abilities though.

Apple Watch does lots of stuff when I forget and leave the iPhone at home - send and receive phone calls texts, stock market quotes and tons of other stuff. It doesn't need a nearby iPhone. Nor sure about the car abilities though.

Where it would really help is when you run out to the car to grab something quick and forget your phone. I have the apple watch on almost all the time and enabling it to unlock the car would be great.

Driving dynamics - steering is dynamic and the throttle response is obviously unlike any ICE vehicle I’ve ever experienced.

Dislikes:

No sunglasses holder

No “oh *sugar*” bar

No carpet in the frunk

Other notes:

SpeedBoost is happening

View attachment 540551 View attachment 540552
Welcome to the club, the journey, the buzz! Agree on the one pedal driving and if you ever drive a car that doesn't have it be careful - you expect to brake when you release the accelerator and it won't because it doesn't do regen and is in creep mode!! When I was still selling my old ICE vehicle I almost ran it through the garage door! Enjoy.

Dislikes:

No sunglasses holder

No “oh *sugar*” bar

No carpet in the frunk

Other notes:

SpeedBoost is happening

View attachment 540551 View attachment 540552

On "oh sugar bar". It's a definite con for me. Daughter is disabled and had used that in my accord to hoist herself into the seat. She's had to find other ways to accomplish that. Still working on it. Haven't had to haul her off of ground yet. She'll do fine but I'll bet others might have similar issue. Seems an easy add..

Welcome to the addiction. I ended up just tossing a $4.00 moving blanket from harbor freight (black with white threading) in the trunk for a carpet (they have one exactly the right size) and a no skid black under carpet mesh in the frunk to keep things from sliding around (basically the same rubber material used in tool chests as well. Easy to cut to fit and easy to clean. Sunglass/cards/coin holder for console front compartment from amazon works well.

Last edited:
How is it that no one is calling the handle by the correct name: “Mother in law handle”?

I had trouble getting in and out too until I realized you can grab the triangular trim thing that forms the front of the side window frame.