Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are more pictures of Elektra!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: valkeriefire
The new center console is very nice! It's wrapped in leather around the sides, and has a solid feel on the edges. The inside is divided into 2 sections. The section closest to the driver is meant for charging your phone and storing items. The section towards the screen is much larger and has 2 cup holders that can be rearranged. It appears the new center console is not removable. It's set into the car and also connects to the armrest.

Sweet man! Love the pics. Looks like they replaced the whole center console/armrest peice. Looks great!

White works so much better in a Tesla. I had a Mercedes diesel in white, Needless to say, the back was always gray or even black. And you couldn't wash the soot off with plain soap & water. No. It required to be scrubbed off carnauba cleaner wax. They should make it illegal to make a diesel car with white paint. My MS (on order) will be blue. We'll see how that color deals with dirt; although, based on this forum, I need to plan to wash it maybe 3 times a week....

Congratulations! Beautiful car. Look forward to seeing it around New Jersey!

Thank you! If you see a white 70D around in central New Jersey give a wave!

@Tellotes
Yes! We got lucky with production! Really glad we have the new center console.

@valkeriefire
Awesome! The standard white popped more than expected. I am deciding whether we should add a protective coating on the S.

@ibdguru23
Thank you! Congratulations on your new S! If you have any recommendations for cleaning the car let me know!

@AB4EJ
White cars are so beautiful but are so easy to get dirty. Our S already collected dirt on the sides, and rear. The more I read posts about cleaning, the more I actually want to buy things to keep Elektra clean and shiny!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what paint protection to get? I was thinking of opticoat - does tesla offer something? I am looking into buying the 70D - but want to ensure i get some sort of paint protection. I am not the best at washing / polishing etc.

I did Xpel on the full front and rear (hood, bumpers, front fenders) and opticoat on the full car. Looks amazing. I'm very happy with the decision and it's super easy to wash now with optimum no rinse.

Reactions: NikeWings
i see you didnt go with the next gen seats - any reason why? also does anyone know if the premium sound is really worth it? -- i dont plan on getting xm - i cant find any info on what or how the standard speakers sound.

thanks

I struggled with the Standard vs Upgraded stereo as well. If you like a lot of bass, you will not get that in the standard, but the standard is very good just not much bass. The best way to go about it is have your sales guy compare the two. I was impressed with the 1st system he showed that I thought it was the upgraded stereo but it was just the standard.

i see you didnt go with the next gen seats - any reason why? also does anyone know if the premium sound is really worth it? -- i dont plan on getting xm - i cant find any info on what or how the standard speakers sound.

thanks
We wanted to test drive the Model S to help us decide on reserving the Model 3. We ended up falling in love with the Model S.

The Model S with 2 options was pushing the budget, so that's why we didn't get the premium interior.

We still reserved a Model 3! Looking forward to adding more options for the Model 3.

Also, the standard speakers sound good! They have pretty strong bass. Not sure what you are expecting for audio quality. It will definitely help to check it out at the store.

Last edited: