Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery delay - for Tempest wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Guess...

M
20200302_113735.jpg

Yes. You can put your fingers through and feel the alloy wheel behind.
Found this on another thread which shows the trim and the alloy wheel behind. Not sure you can adult run with the trims removed as there’s a spindle in the center which is left uncovered. More a cosmetic issue than anything else although I’m sure someone will come along with a cap that fits.
716270DF-6E2A-4197-AA53-F3C22FB8163A.jpeg

The alloys behind the caps aren’t particularly good looking either. The finish is not very refined looking and the narrow lip at the outer rim looks strange. Looks like the plastic caps sit just inside this narrow rim but the wheel is going to look odd when naked.

Honestly, I'm going to be more upset if they deliver my MS 15 days later than originally scheduled telling me "it'll be a LR+ after an OTA update sometime in the future" when I know it's been sitting there this entire time (I gave it a quick once-over the original delivery date) with them saying at the time "this firmware update to LR+ can't be done OTA". Then WTF have I been waiting on? :mad:

OK! I got the delivery text today, and am scheduled to pickup Friday March 6 in Las Vegas, conveniently immediately before the orientation I RSVPed to.

MS LR+, midnight silver/black, FSD, tempest wheels. VIN 381xxx. Ordered 1/23. Based on photos in the thread, I kinda wish it had the old wheels, but as long as they are round, I will roll with it ;-)

Honestly, I'm going to be more upset if they deliver my MS 15 days later than originally scheduled telling me "it'll be a LR+ after an OTA update sometime in the future" when I know it's been sitting there this entire time (I gave it a quick once-over the original delivery date) with them saying at the time "this firmware update to LR+ can't be done OTA". Then WTF have I been waiting on? :mad:
My guess is the LR+ model number is the programming that cannot be done OTA, but then it needs the OTA for the range increase and model name to be realized on the display. I'm still waiting for the OTA on my LR+. It still says Long Range on the display.

Ok, I'm happy now. The store manager just called with good news. They will deliver my MS with the silver 19" wheels that I ordered, and the next update will confirm it's a Long Range Plus. Due to my schedule the delivery is set for Thursday March 5th! My thanks to all who replied to my post.

I hope you got your car today as advertised. Congrats, I'm still waiting (ordered 01 Feb)!

Interested to know how your wheel situation went. I'm on the fence about whether to pitch a fit or not about Tempest vs the Silver.

As a data point, some time between 21 Feb & 03 Mar, the picture (rendering) on my order page changed (I have screen shots): while my order agreement still clearly reads '19" Silver Wheels,' the pic has changed from the Silver to the Tempest. I guess that implies that my car (ordered before the 14 Feb announcement) is intended to be a LR+, which is good, but I'm not sold on these wheels....