Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Delay - Trunk Defect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was suppose to pick up today . We drove over 2 hours just to tell me I can't take it home. We got a tour of the car, during that we noticed moisture in the little secret compartment under the trunk (idk what you call it, where a spare tire usually goes). I was told they need to hold onto the car and check it out, I am now waiting on a email Thursday AM since they are closed tomorrow.

I was told to expect Friday pickup but than Saturday so it sounds like they have no idea. I'll know more Thursday.

Anyone else experience this specific issue? Anything I should be asking?

I would make them give you a loaner or a free rental for your troubles minimal. May I ask where are you picking up? I am set to take delivery in Mt. Kisco on the 16th. They are giving me a one way rental from RI to NY (3+ hour drive) to pickup my car, and if something like this was to happen to me I would at minimal want a loaner/free rental for the time being.

I would make them give you a loaner or a free rental for your troubles minimal. May I ask where are you picking up? I am set to take delivery in Mt. Kisco on the 16th. They are giving me a one way rental from RI to NY (3+ hour drive) to pickup my car, and if something like this was to happen to me I would at minimal want a loaner/free rental for the time being.

Yes Mt. Kisco, they offered a rental car but I honestly don't need one. I kept my old car just encase this were to happen. The one cool thing Is they let me take it for a spin before I left. Just curious what the issue is, they mentioned something might be misaligned and not sealed properly. Seemed very apologetic though.

I am definitely bummed but these things happen, just very frustrating to take time off to have this happen.