Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Delayed 1 hour after window ended - missing part

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a delivery window today, 11/25 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. I was told that the car was at my local shop in Buena Park this morning and they were finalizing the inspection befor sending it out as of this morning at 10:00 a.m. I got a call around 5:00 p.m. saying that they are waiting for a part and now my delivery is delayed 2 weeks until December 10th.

I understand there are some part issues with some USBs in the rear seats, etc. What I don't understand is how it could leave Fremont, get on a truck, pass inspection at the local shop, schedule delivery, then have a service advisor call me at after the window had already closed and tell me it's going to be another 2 weeks.

Anybody had any similar issues? I really want to go there in person tomorrow and pick up my car and tell them they need to replace the parts that's missing whenever it's available. This is a ton of money for me to spend on a car and now I'm basically paying them an interest-free loan.

Read my thread here Delay on day of delivery due to inspection. VIN received. that I just posted today. I was supposed to pick up my MYP in Torrance on 11/21 and now it's getting delayed until 12/5 (with possibility of getting pushed out even further). They didn't tell me the reason (kept saying service inspection was needed when asked) but I'm thinking it's probably the same issue related to usb c ports not installed.

I second you that their delivery process is a mess right now and they need to get their act together. It's ridiculous to get notified on last minute delays after getting a confirmation delivery date.

Mine is already paid for. Was supposed to receive delivery on 12/21. Upon inspection, they said that the windshield has a chip. Delivery moved to 12/22. Got a text from Tesla the afternoon of 12/22 saying that they can't get a new windshield and will push delivery to 12/27. Problem is that I can't take delivery that day because I'm going out of town and won't be back until 1/2. I haven't told them anything, yet. I'm afraid to hear "too bad so sad we're moving you to the back of the line." What makes it worse is that my trade valuation ends on 1/6. I will ask them kindly to move delivery to 1/2.