TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery Delays for Maryland?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by CapnOMatic, Jun 2, 2018.

1. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

I'm just curious if anyone was getting a delay in their Model 3 delivery for Maryland. I was scheduled for my delivery appointment this Monday June 4th, but yesterday I was sent a message saying that the delivery day had to be pushed back. I accepted Wednesday, but the CS told me that the vehicle had not left the Alabama hub yet. I was wondering if anyone else who is accepting delivery in Maryland got the same reschedule. I'm new to the Tesla experience so i'm not sure how often this happens.

2. Garrulous

Garrulous Member

I've had an 11 June delivery date for a while now. Picking up in Rockville. Hopefully this is just a one-off and not a larger issue!

3. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

I'm picking up in Rockville as well. I'm going to check on Monday to see what the status is.

4. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

I passed by today and my model 3 was there along with another midnight silver

5. Garrulous

Garrulous Member

Congratulations! I hope everything goes perfect for you at delivery.

6. ssepehri

ssepehri Member

Got my delivery day...6/23...Doesn't that seem extremely far out?
    I configured on 4/13.

7. Garrulous

Garrulous Member

It does sound very far out. I know you don't want to read this, but I also configured on 4/13. White, aero, EAP but no FSD.

8. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

It does seem a bit far out but just after 4/13 didn't they announce the delay. I think I got lucky. Where are you delivering to Rockville?

9. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

I didn't see a white model 3 but I couldn't look closely in the shop to see what they were prepping. Are you getting your pickup in Rockville as well?

10. ssepehri

ssepehri Member

Mine is being delivered to Rockville...Really annoying. Must have been odd man out on the truck...

11. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

There seems to be a system wide slowdown of deliveries across the board in the US. Most believe that this is purposeful to push the trigger of end of the Federal Tax Credit on Tesla's into July (which is very significant for Tesla as a whole). I would expect that this is just a part of that. -- Peter

12. Garrulous

Garrulous Member

Yep, at the location on Derwood Circle (in case there is more than one). When I stopped by on Saturday last weekend I only saw one Midnight Silver Metallic Model 3 in the prep area but I didn't get a good look. It is very much not a showroom. There are only two spots for the "delivery experience" and both were empty.

13. Garrulous

Garrulous Member

• Helpful x 1
  14. Duckiesauce

Duckiesauce Member

Question for those with delivery dates in June, when did you make your reservation? I still have an estimated delivery date of May - July but haven't even configure so I'm getting worried that it won't happen even in July since some of you configured all the way in April! *Sigh*

15. Garrulous

Garrulous Member

Made the reservation at 1030PM eastern on 31 March.

16. strago13

strago13 Member

Are people actively getting the excise tax refund from MD?

17. bmof

bmof Member

I'm scheduled to pick up at the Rockville center June 15. Black 19" ... so far haven't heard anything beyond I have a VIN! Still not showing in my account, though they did give it to me via email.

18. Garrulous

Garrulous Member

I plan on doing so. And the 40% refund on the cost of installing the charging equipment, the HOV single-occupancy tag, and the BGE special rate for charging electric cars. Lots of benefits for us to use here in Maryland.

19. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

I made my original reservation on March 31st back in 2016 when the show just started before they even showed the car. I configured back in April 13 and took delivery on June 6th. Midnight Silver.

20. CapnOMatic

CapnOMatic Member

I began reaching out to the Rep, the moment I got an email from them with a name and phone number. Started to setup everything once I got a VIN. I was kind of pro-active, seeing as how I was aware that everyone is trying to move as fast as they can and getting bogged a bit bogged down with the volume of work.