Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Delays for Maryland?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I began reaching out to the Rep, the moment I got an email from them with a name and phone number. Started to setup everything once I got a VIN. I was kind of pro-active, seeing as how I was aware that everyone is trying to move as fast as they can and getting bogged a bit bogged down with the volume of work.

I was waiting for the one week mark. I called Friday and got some more details. Sounds like there's already a potential delay - car is scheduled to arrive late Thursday. So, I moved my pickup to Saturday just to be safe. I plan on calling for updates frequently this week. I'm heading out of town next week and more delays would be hard to manage work/life schedules.

I'm scheduled to pick up at the Rockville center June 15. Black 19" ... so far haven't heard anything beyond I have a VIN! Still not showing in my account, though they did give it to me via email.

I did see a black model 3 with sport wheels in prep when I picked up mine today. Also, super smooth experience. I was out of there in 30 minutes total. And, it had the gift die cast model 3!

Driving it is amazing. The hype doesn't do it justice.

FYI: I just saw a truck load with several Model 3's heading to the Rockville service center today at 9:45 am. There were a few model S's. I could not get a good view cause I was already almost past it when I saw it. But It looked like there was a white one, a red one (I think), but I couldn't get a count of how many. Good news for those who are waiting to get delivery this week!

FYI: I just saw a truck load with several Model 3's heading to the Rockville service center today at 9:45 am. There were a few model S's. I could not get a good view cause I was already almost past it when I saw it. But It looked like there was a white one, a red one (I think), but I couldn't get a count of how many. Good news for those who are waiting to get delivery this week!
My black Model 3 is supposed to arrive at the Rockville service center today. My delivery advisor scheduled my delivery for Wednesday but I was hoping they would move it to tomorrow. So far I have heard zilch about it...

My black Model 3 is supposed to arrive at the Rockville service center today. My delivery advisor scheduled my delivery for Wednesday but I was hoping they would move it to tomorrow. So far I have heard zilch about it...

They did the same to me. I had to pick it up Wednesday. I may have seen a black one as well. You can always drive by the service center and see what they have in waiting and prepping. ;)

Picked up my Model 3 today! It is fantastic!! Rockville folks did an awesome job. I didn't have a checklist so maybe I wasn't as thorough as other posters but I checked to see if there were any strange body panel gaps, strange noises at highway speed (due to not properly being sealed), whether autopilot was enabled (took 22 miles of calibration to start), if they gave me my toy model 3, and so far cant find a flaw. I arrived at 9:45 am and left by 10:15 am. This how car buying should be. Extremely fast, no headaches, and being absolutely wowed by a state of the art car.

Got a call Thursday morning, a day before delivery, saying the car "didn't meet our technical specifications, so it definitely wouldn't meet your expectations" (curious...) and had to delay our delivery :( They initially tried to delay 2 weeks (!!!), but I said we couldn't wait that long, so we are now scheduled to pick up the car next Wednesday (June 27). The two week thing makes me wonder if they are just artificially delaying people's cars so they can deliver the car in July to meet the tax credit... Kinda shitty, if true. Either way, I hope this is the only delay and I actually get the car on time.

Hey guys I am trying to fill out the MD Excise Tax Credit form, and I do not know where the "Title Number" is and did not get it when I picked up the car also how many kilowatt-hours of storage is the car? Thanks in advance!

The car is 80kWh. Title number should have been on the paperwork given to you at delivery. If not, you can go to the Glen Burnie MVA and they can look it up at the excise tax desk on the third floor using your temp tags. That said, my Excise Tax Rebate form was filled out by the Rockville delivery center. You could also contact them for the form if they didn't have it in your delivery packet.

Question for you Maryland folks.. If the car price is 59,000, plus $1000 doc/delivery, does that count for the MD tax credit? I'm assuming they don't include tax and titling fees for the $60k?

The MD EV website (Titling - Excise Tax Credit for Plug-in Electric Vehicles) states "Has a total purchase price not exceeding $60,000." My Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement from Tesla breaks down the overall cost this way:

Order Payment: $3,500.00
Vehicle Total: $56,000.00

Then on Page 2 it lists 5 sections under purchase price:

Total Cash Price: $59,360.00 (this includes the $56k noted above, plus the $3,360.00 MD sales tax)
Amounts Paid to Government Agencies: $287.00 (Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees)
Subtotal (1 through 2): $59,647.00
Total Credits: $3,500 (order payment)
Amount Due from Buyer (3 through 4): $56,147.00

Based on all of that information, my best informed guess is that the MD tax credit will use the Vehicle Total listed above. I base that on the tax not referencing the $3,500 order payment. Alternatively, but less likely, they will use the Total Cash Price. Regardless, doc/delivery does not show up anywhere on my purchasing order so you should be good there.

A few other things I've learned since getting the car:

1. You can't get your HOV magnet until you have permanent tags, but you can drop off the paperwork (2nd floor of Glen Burnie MVA). Note that I keep saying Glen Dirty - that's the only location you can turn in the paperwork for both the HOV magnet and the MD Excise Tax credit. Alternatively you can mail it in.

2. Even if you installed a NEMA 14-50 and did not buy the Tesla wall charger, you are still eligible for the MD credit on EV charging stations and get a rebate for 40% of the install price. Just use Tesla as the manufacturer and NEMA 14-50 for model on the form. You will need either a copy of the permit pulled by the electrician to install the outlet, or a written explanation from the electrician on why a permit wasn't necessary.

3. Something cool: today I decided to back into a parking spot. Not something I normally do but figured eh, why not. I swung out left to then back-up right, and when I stopped to turn the wheel to back up the car asked if I would like to park in the spot I was angling for. I pressed the button on the screen and the car parked itself perfectly. I'm still giddy.

I promise all of you still waiting - it is worth it. I've never been happier with a car. I look for reasons to go on drives. Traffic doesn't bother me thanks to autopilot. You'll be extremely happy that you held on once you have the car. I hope you get yours soon!

The car is 80kWh. Title number should have been on the paperwork given to you at delivery. If not, you can go to the Glen Burnie MVA and they can look it up at the excise tax desk on the third floor using your temp tags. That said, my Excise Tax Rebate form was filled out by the Rockville delivery center. You could also contact them for the form if they didn't have it in your delivery packet.

The MD EV website (Titling - Excise Tax Credit for Plug-in Electric Vehicles) states "Has a total purchase price not exceeding $60,000." My Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement from Tesla breaks down the overall cost this way:

Order Payment: $3,500.00
Vehicle Total: $56,000.00

Then on Page 2 it lists 5 sections under purchase price:

Total Cash Price: $59,360.00 (this includes the $56k noted above, plus the $3,360.00 MD sales tax)
Amounts Paid to Government Agencies: $287.00 (Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees)
Subtotal (1 through 2): $59,647.00
Total Credits: $3,500 (order payment)
Amount Due from Buyer (3 through 4): $56,147.00

Based on all of that information, my best informed guess is that the MD tax credit will use the Vehicle Total listed above. I base that on the tax not referencing the $3,500 order payment. Alternatively, but less likely, they will use the Total Cash Price. Regardless, doc/delivery does not show up anywhere on my purchasing order so you should be good there.

A few other things I've learned since getting the car:

1. You can't get your HOV magnet until you have permanent tags, but you can drop off the paperwork (2nd floor of Glen Burnie MVA). Note that I keep saying Glen Dirty - that's the only location you can turn in the paperwork for both the HOV magnet and the MD Excise Tax credit. Alternatively you can mail it in.

2. Even if you installed a NEMA 14-50 and did not buy the Tesla wall charger, you are still eligible for the MD credit on EV charging stations and get a rebate for 40% of the install price. Just use Tesla as the manufacturer and NEMA 14-50 for model on the form. You will need either a copy of the permit pulled by the electrician to install the outlet, or a written explanation from the electrician on why a permit wasn't necessary.

3. Something cool: today I decided to back into a parking spot. Not something I normally do but figured eh, why not. I swung out left to then back-up right, and when I stopped to turn the wheel to back up the car asked if I would like to park in the spot I was angling for. I pressed the button on the screen and the car parked itself perfectly. I'm still giddy.

I promise all of you still waiting - it is worth it. I've never been happier with a car. I look for reasons to go on drives. Traffic doesn't bother me thanks to autopilot. You'll be extremely happy that you held on once you have the car. I hope you get yours soon!

Garrulous, so are you saying we should fill out a second VR-334 for just the NEMA 14-50? One for the car and one for the plug? I have no intention of driving all the way to Glen Burnie so I guess I'll mail it in (tho it's an excuse to take a drive :rolleyes:)

Also, who did you use to get the Nema installed and if you recommend them? How much was it for you?

Garrulous, so are you saying we should fill out a second VR-334 for just the NEMA 14-50? One for the car and one for the plug? I have no intention of driving all the way to Glen Burnie so I guess I'll mail it in (tho it's an excuse to take a drive :rolleyes:)

Also, who did you use to get the Nema installed and if you recommend them? How much was it for you?

Just one VR-334 is needed for the plug. Also, I like finding excuses to go on a drive hence why I hand-delivered the forms.

I would definitely recommend the electrician who installed my plugin. I even brought him back last week to install a Nest doorbell. His name is Chuck and his company is A and H Electrical Services. Website is www.aandhelectricalservices.com, and his phone number is 410-847-5222. He charged me $550 for the install, all-inclusive, which was a really good price considering the distance between the breaker box and where I wanted the plug (and how I wanted the wire run). Can't recommend the guy enough.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: gogogoducks
Status
Not open for further replies.