Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Delays. Why no explanation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are there so many delivery delays?

My Tesla rep isn't saying anything.

I call Tesla and they refer me to my service rep.

I've been delayed once already.....

Why won't they say what's really going on? I just don't understand.

I can't even escalate on an $80k car order.

What can I do? Can someone help?
I feel like this is a sarcastic post somehow.

Someone on TMC? I don’t think so.
I don't think so either. I just saw that Elon is following TMC in twitter.

Maybe he is watching this thread.

I suppose I had better get a good nights sleep as I'm going to try and hold on the phone for a couple hours tomorrow to get to customer service.

I just tweeted Elon....but he's obviously too busy.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I don't think so either. I just saw that Elon is following TMC in twitter.

Maybe he is watching this thread.

I suppose I had better get a good nights sleep as I'm going to try and hold on the phone for a couple hours tomorrow to get to customer service.

I just tweeted Elon....but he's obviously too busy.
Have you stopped to consider that maybe he has you on ignore here. :D

There are thousands of cars being delivered without issues. Every once in a while there is a problem that is caught before delivery. Quite often they are damage in transit. There's not much that can be done about this.

Chill, relax, the world is not against you. You just drew the wrong straw today.

Reactions: xdriv3
There are thousands of cars being delivered without issues. Every once in a while there is a problem that is caught before delivery. Quite often they are damage in transit. There's not much that can be done about this.

Chill, relax, the world is not against you. You just drew the wrong straw today.
Nope...time to get a new straw.

I don't want to get my credit poked again as my loan approval time will expire in 2 weeks. The last time Tesla had my credit poked...5 banks looked at my credit and my credit score went down.

Last edited:
I was scheduled for P3D+ delivery on 8/10, but my IDA emailed me that Raleigh Sales is behind on deliveries, so my delivery will be delayed. Car is still in transit. I was planning to stop by this weekend and see if they have any more info. I've waited 15 years (yep!) for this car. A few more days is nothing. It will be so worth it.

Nope...time to get a new straw.

I don't want to get my credit poked again as my loan approval time will expire in 2 weeks. The last time Tesla had my credit poked...5 banks looked at my credit and my credit score went down.

If you are gonna get an inquiry... you might as well pile them on all at once.

Good luck on figuring out your car status.

Will be worth it. :D

You've been a faithful for a long time. I would have given you my delivery spot if I knew you were going to run into difficulties.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
My car got delayed today due to the delivery truck breaking down. Original delivery was for Monday. Delay was just for two days but I have to wait until Saturday. So 8/11 delivery is my new scheduled date.