Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery distance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a '23 MX Plaid on order which they just gave me a heads up yesterday that I can schedule delivery 6hrs away! I have to apparently make a decision today whether to drive and pick it up (so 1 car there, 2 cars back) or pay $750 carrier delivery fee. I have a service center in the same state that is only 3hrs away and that was where I was planning on getting it, but I guess Tesla doesn't deliver there? My M3 which I purchased in 2018 they delivered at no additional cost.

I'm conflicted, with interest rates climbing and my offer running out soon, I'm thinking about the drive. I have two toddlers that would have to suffer a 12hr+ trip for really no benefit to them. I also don't want to pay another $750 on what is already a $100K+ car (I know it seems trivial).

With the end of the quarter approaching what are my chances they relax the policy a bit and deliver to me at no charge trying to pump their numbers, or them assigning the vehicle to someone else?

Looking for any help.

Same problem here. My 2017 X100D was delivered for free. I was told they could deliver to rochester, but after ordering, I was "misinformed". its either drive to mt kisko or pay $750. I'll go with the 750 and home delivery.... is what it is with tesla

Been telling me for over a week that they have the car in and want me to take delivery, informed me less than 24 hours before me having to drive 6hrs and redo my schedule and there is something wrong with the car and they are looking to find me another one. SMH:oops: