TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery Estimate to configuration invitation?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bluegene, May 5, 2018.

1. bluegene

bluegene New Member

For people who got invitation to configure, when did you receive the configuration email to your delivery estimate? My estimate is Jun-Aug now and I am trying to estimate when will I expect to receive my configuration email if I am getting delivery in Jun vs. Jul vs. Aug.

2. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

My estimate was nov to jan
    Got invited jan 6
    Delivery jan 22

3. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Be aware that a lot of us didn't get the email until weeks after we were able to configure. You might want to check your order page periodically even if you haven't received the email.

My estimate was Nov to Jan and configuration opened in mid January. However, things have changed a lot since then. I've seen some reports of configuration before the estimate window.

4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

A co-worker of mine got the email at the end of March and just took delivery last week.

5. mpauldine

mpauldine Member

Last estimate was April-June. Invited 4/18. Hang in there.

6. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

Last estimate was March-May. Received invite to configure on Thu March 23. After an initial VIN appeared online in early April, it disappeared with a new one appearing a week later, followed soon after by a delivery advisor’s call near the end of April. Tentative delivery set for 5/18 but HQ and local SC advisors think it looks solid as my black 3 rides on a rail across the country.

It can be a bumpy ride.

7. bluegene

bluegene New Member

Thanks, everyone. I was thinking it will take about 10 weeks to get a car from configuration. I guess it’s not built to order. I will not despair if I don’t get my configuration email in Jul.