Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Estimator CHANGED...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes mine did change a little. AWD went from Sept-Nov to July-Aug. SO it improved a few months.
Now the question is whether or not these estimates really did move up?
Was there an error with the calculations yesterday (totally plausible)?
Are they changing on the fly based on users selections?
Or did Tesla move them up because they saw many of us were thinking of purchasing RWD when we were planning on buying AWD because we couldn't wait

Yes mine did change a little. AWD went from Sept-Nov to July-Aug. SO it improved a few months.
Now the question is whether or not these estimates really did move up?
Was there an error with the calculations yesterday (totally plausible)?
Are they changing on the fly based on users selections?
Or did Tesla move them up because they saw many of us were thinking of purchasing RWD when we were planning on buying AWD because we couldn't wait
Possibly a lot of people canceled their reservation. The cost of the battery and all of the extra features are too high for some folks.

Or possibly given the propensity of people to whine, Tesla used very conservative estimates for the first iteration and are adjusting them in now that they see the actual distribution. Maybe a lot fewer wanted base than they originally allocated.

Oh wait, this can't be true because that would mean Tesla has learned to manage people's expectations. Nah, must be some way they are screwing people.

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
Possibly a lot of people canceled their reservation. The cost of the battery and all of the extra features are too high for some folks.
That is a very true possibility. Elon told the press on Friday that they were over 500K reservations at that point too, so some cancellations may be helping some of us.
But I am wondering if the estimates are dynamic and many people chose RWD (myself included) because they couldn't wait for AWD, causing the AWD and Base M3 estimates to improve. This will take time to all play out and we will know more every week as more and more people get their M3s.

Reactions: neroden
My "my tesla" was redirecting to Canada as well. I would get an error when I would try to save my Model 3 preference. I clicked on the Flag at the bottom (American) and selected US. It changed the url to not redirect. After that, I could save my Model 3 preference.

I'm guessing some cancellations but probably not many. Schedule change most likely is the result of more people waiting for base model and AWD. So, less extended batt orders chosen than expected.
My guess is more people chose to wait for the AWD model instead of either of the RWD models, so Tesla brought up the production start date of AWD versions because they will be able to get through the RWD backlog sooner than they anticipated before

Since the date window always seems 3 months, I think we could shorthand the chart just showing the first possible month.

So, I have some examples like this:

310 220 AWD
Oct Dec Jul : owner Line-wait
Nov Jan Jul : Non-owner Line-wait
Dec Feb Sep : Non-owner Online

The dates for the RWDs seem fairly consistent, but the AWD dates have been moving around.

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3
My AWD estimate went from the Oct-Dec '18 to Aug-Oct.

I had initially set my preference to AWD since that was a requirement for me. However losing that much tax credit I decided to switch it to First Producton and live with RWD. Now I'm debating on setting it back. I'm doing some shopping now and a used 70D or 85D is about the same price as the 3 will be with similar options.