Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Expectations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, first post on this forum.

I was looking at reserving a model 3 at the end of this month (waiting for employer bonus to be paid etc) and i was wondering what people's thoughts were on a delivery expectation?

Am i looking at late 2017 with everyone else, or mid/late 2018 because of my tardiness?

Does anyone know a breakdown of reservations by country/continent?

Those that have reserved, do you just put the money down and walk away, or do they go through any options etc with you?

As i'm in the uk, for me it's going to replace my current motability vehicle (yes i know it isn't available on the scheme. yet. but i'm willing to pay for it.)

I'm still also dithering between putting the money down and waiting, however the time is something that bothers me, 18 months+ waiting isn't something i feel entirely comfortable with. I understand the money is transferrable to a model S, or even refundable should one wish, is that correct?

All opinions appreciated in advance :)

Cheers!

Although we do not know specifics yet, they did tell everyone the rough order of deliveries and i'm sorry to say that RHD cars are going to be last :( I'm just taking a wild guess here but i think you'd be waiting until end of 18' at best and deep into 19' at worst.

Well, based on the 300,000+ reservations already made, and the fact you're in a RH-drive market, it could be a very long wait. Probably 2019-2020, but no one really knows. As far as the reservation, they just take your name, address, email address, and credit card info to charge you the reservation fee. All other details are worked out when they are about to produce your car and need to commit.

The good news is you can make a reservation, change your mind and get your money back at any time, so jump in if ou can swing it and see what happens!