Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience- 4 different delivery dates with no resolution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Configured my LR RWD model 3 with EAP on 9/20

First contact with Delivery advisor on 9/26, attempted to call delivery advisor with questions but the given number was disconnected. Multiple emails sent with no response until 10/1 informing me I can take delivery on 10/2.

On 10/1 while awaiting VIN and MVPA from advisor, I receive a text from the delivery team stating my model 3 is ready to be picked up on 10/3. I respond to the text setting a time for 5:45 pm for pickup. I am told that a confirmation email will arrive shortly and they have forwarded my request to my advisor who is still not able to receive phone calls and does not respond to emails.

I called the Tesla direct line to figure out whats going on as I need the VIN and MVPA to finish the financing. They tell me I do have a VIN that is not visible to me and I was scheduled for pickup at 2pm on 10/1. Tesla hotline urges me to contact delivery center to find the car. I call the delivery center and I am told that the car is not scheduled to even be in the state until 10/15 with pickup possibly on 10/19.

I know I have not been waiting for a configured order as long as others, but I find this is pretty crappy communication when spending 50k+ on a vehicle. I have already scheduled time off work for pickups only to find that they dont even know what is going on. I really hope the ownership experience makes up for the poor communication and delivery experience.

Delivery date is still set for 10/8, unfortunately my delivery advisor has not responded to emails in 3 days and his phone is disconnected. Any attempt at getting some questions I have answered is redirected to my non-existent advisor.

I hope you get your car but doesn’t sound like delivery on 10/8 is going to happen. I’m dumbfounded by the poor customer service when purchasing a car this expensive. Have had zero responses when following up about when my car will be delivered.

I hope you get your car but doesn’t sound like delivery on 10/8 is going to happen. I’m dumbfounded by the poor customer service when purchasing a car this expensive. Have had zero responses when following up about when my car will be delivered.

Yeah im not gonna hold my breath. But my wife and I do have to take some time off on Monday to pick up the car and drop off a trade in. I will be pretty upset if I leave work for nothing. Im going to call Sunday/Monday morning just to verify that my car is actually there before I do anything.
In other news after asking for a new delivery advisor, I finally heard back from my original advisor 15 minutes after I asked for a new one. he gave me the final MVPA and title/registration info my bank needed. Hopefully I will not need to rely on him for anything else if my car is delivered on the scheduled date.

My hope is that since im getting the RWD I shouldnt have as much trouble as people waiting for AWD. But we will see, nothing would surprise me at this point
They suck.

But they have no competition, so there is no incentive for them to not treat their customers like *sugar*.

Unless another company commits to producing long-range EVs in volume, we can all expect to keep getting the finger from them.

They suck.

But they have no competition, so there is no incentive for them to not treat their customers like *sugar*.

Unless another company commits to producing long-range EVs in volume, we can all expect to keep getting the finger from them.
I don’t think Elon intended to treat his customers as badly as it’s been. I feel he truly underestimated the difficulty of a new car creation ...to selling ...to delivery ...to repairs and customer service centric infrastructure on this one on one scale. He enjoys the engineering challenges but not really gifted with emotional intelligence and customer service skills yet. Just my observations!

I don’t think Elon intended to treat his customers as badly as it’s been. I feel he truly underestimated the difficulty of a new car creation ...to selling ...to delivery ...to repairs and customer service centric infrastructure on this one on one scale. He enjoys the engineering challenges but not really gifted with emotional intelligence and customer service skills yet. Just my observations!
Hope your right.

I really don't think they give a damn.

Reactions: neroden
Hope your right.

I really don't think they give a damn.
The Boring company is just as poorly run - I was supposed to get my stinking “not a flamethrower” months ago , and now they are shipping it next week lol- they are horrible at outside customer relations because their Chairman , for whatever reason ... doesn’t grasp customer service priority in a retail environment . Maybe the new one will?!o_O

A bit late of an update. The delivery appointment on 10/8 was a no go due to my bank not being open for columbus day. So They couldnt get me the check on time. I picked my car up from the deliver center today with no issues. The process took maybe 25 minutes even with trading in a vehicle.
The car is amazing and fun to drive. Its unfortunate that it was such a pain to get the info i needed in a timely manner due to lackluster delivery advisors.

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: Gavyne and Sg911