Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience & Issues in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
I got a lot of good info from this forum, so I would like to share my pick up experience here with you.

Picked up White/Black 19in, no tow at Marina Del Rey yesterday.

VIN range is 508XX. The build quality was actually very good. May be I was worried too much before going in there looking at many horror stories here lol. Panel gaps were actually almost perfect, and the doors were aligned very well (at least to my eyes, that's what matters right?)

There were some issues though:
1. The rear seats did not fold: They said they could fix this "at the back" and made me wait almost two hours, but somehow they came back and told me to schedule an appointment.
2. Scratch in the wheel fender and hanger lever: Was assured it will be fixed at SC.
3. The left side of the hood was higher than the right side: The delivery expert actually told me "this is within spec, and won't be fixed". However, I insisted they look at it "at the back" and THEY FIXED IT. So, I guess at least try insisting on them even though you are given the classic "within spec".
4. Little bit of a panel gap at the right rear tailgate - this is really the only panel gap issue I had.

I came home and scheduled a service appointment through the app for the issue 1,2,4.

Overall, I am happy with the car. This thing feels like driving BMW 340i - heavy steering wheel, hard suspension and etc.

Hope all of you get a great delivery experience!