Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience was...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing! I see a lot of negative on here regarding deliveries, issues with cars, etc. I wanted to share my experience, which was amazing. I picked up 08/08/19 from the San Diego Kearny Mesa Tesla delivery center and couldn't be happier. The car is literally perfect. I went through the checklist and I couldn't find a single thing wrong. Also the staff there were extremely helpful. I could have been in and out within 15 minutes, but I went through a bit of orientation.

Performance Model 3
Red Multicoat
FSD

LOL. When we picked up our Model 3 on June 30, 2019 (the day before the Fed Tax Credit reduction), customers were pushed through delivery like butter cream through a pastry cone. We had to find our own car using the horn. No checklist. In fact, we only discovered flaws during the following week or so of ownership (a couple weather seal issues, which we have not fixed).

I used an abbreviated version of Tesla Model 3 Delivery Checklist: Detailed and Complete | Torque News. It was more or less a reference to not forget important items.
aren't these "standard checks" for most any car? good thing for a generous warranty although the service department's backlog can be a bit frustrating to get things resolved.

my A-Pillar interior trim came installed improperly and i completely missed that until my drive home as it started to fall off. i've had to wait three weeks for my service appt.

Amazing! I see a lot of negative on here regarding deliveries, issues with cars, etc. I wanted to share my experience, which was amazing. I picked up 08/08/19 from the San Diego Kearny Mesa Tesla delivery center and couldn't be happier. The car is literally perfect. I went through the checklist and I couldn't find a single thing wrong. Also the staff there were extremely helpful. I could have been in and out within 15 minutes, but I went through a bit of orientation.

I picked up mine in early June at the same delivery center, and experience was OK. It was definitely fast, and I skipped the orientation as I knew everything I needed to know about the car already. I had one of the first appointments that day, but it got super busy when I was leaving and there were no available seats/tables at the office. But that was last month before the tax credit got slashed in half, so it should be much more relaxing experience now.

One thing I like the most about Tesla delivery experience, is that you do all the paperwork and down payment online, so when you come there, you just need to put a couple of signatures and you are done. I also wanted to buy 14-50 adapter and noticed a small issue with the door seal, so that took maybe another 30 minutes.

You mentioned checklist... Where do you get that? Do they provide you with one? I am picking up on Friday and dont want to miss anything. Thanks!
I picked up mine in early June at the same delivery center, and experience was OK. It was definitely fast, and I skipped the orientation as I knew everything I needed to know about the car already. I had one of the first appointments that day, but it got super busy when I was leaving and there were no available seats/tables at the office. But that was last month before the tax credit got slashed in half, so it should be much more relaxing experience now.

One thing I like the most about Tesla delivery experience, is that you do all the paperwork and down payment online, so when you come there, you just need to put a couple of signatures and you are done. I also wanted to buy 14-50 adapter and noticed a small issue with the door seal, so that took maybe another 30 minutes.

I was the only one in the office where you sign, except for some guy waiting for his car to get serviced. No issues at all, which is great. Perhaps things are smoothing out, at least for SoCal.

aren't these "standard checks" for most any car? good thing for a generous warranty although the service department's backlog can be a bit frustrating to get things resolved.

my A-Pillar interior trim came installed improperly and i completely missed that until my drive home as it started to fall off. i've had to wait three weeks for my service appt.

Sure, but I really don't keep all this stuff in my head. It was nice to have a reference to "make sure" I didn't forget anything important.

Performance Model 3
Red Multicoat
FSD
Go TeamRed!

My wife and I took delivery of our Model 3 on March 22nd. It was truly amazing. Besides checking out our car, doing the minimal documentation, and getting oriented, we drove away to the entire Tesla Costs Mesa team cheering, clapping, and honking horns. It was awesome. Our Model 3, which has 4K miles has been perfect!