Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience with Tesla has been Terrible! (Raleigh, NC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the damage is great enough to replace an entire door there must be consideration about postponing delivery. Could there be other issues?
Yep, I asked about getting the car with interior door damage, as it's cosmetic, IMHO and I couldn't see anything wrong on the outside, but they wouldn't budge. They said that they want to deliver a perfect car first. Now, I am really anxious about how long the repair process will take, as that part was not available locally or in the neighboring states. I am supremely frustrated with the lack of communication in Raleigh SC; 80% of the time no one is picking up the phone, no one is responding back to texts or phone calls, but when they do call back, the answer is typical: "We don't know". To add the insult to the injury, Tesla took my money as I have authorized bank payment a few hours before they texted me that I can't get the car. SO, I have no money, no car, and no timeline commitments. I used to be Fan Boy, but now I am having serious doubts about getting the car. We are one car family right now and that is beyond frustrating too. So far, I have nothing nice to say about my ongoing saga.

Yep, I asked about getting the car with interior door damage, as it's cosmetic, IMHO and I couldn't see anything wrong on the outside, but they wouldn't budge. They said that they want to deliver a perfect car first. Now, I am really anxious about how long the repair process will take, as that part was not available locally or in the neighboring states. I am supremely frustrated with the lack of communication in Raleigh SC; 80% of the time no one is picking up the phone, no one is responding back to texts or phone calls, but when they do call back, the answer is typical: "We don't know". To add the insult to the injury, Tesla took my money as I have authorized bank payment a few hours before they texted me that I can't get the car. SO, I have no money, no car, and no timeline commitments. I used to be Fan Boy, but now I am having serious doubts about getting the car. We are one car family right now and that is beyond frustrating too. So far, I have nothing nice to say about my ongoing saga.
Sorry that your experience has been this. Hoping for a quick fix and that they get the car to you as soon as possible and that it will make up for any of these issues.

This is definitely frustrating. We are with you on the poor communication out of Raleigh. Never pick up the phones, don’t respond to voice messages, and don’t adequately respond to text messages. I would like to know if we can complain to corporate about the SC?

Saga continues. Instead of sending the part overnight, as promised by a manager, they did a snail mail delivery that will take full 10 days + installation time. I still can't get my money back from them, I paid about half of the price of the car and now it's difficult to go to another local dealer and pick up a gas guzzler off the parking lot. I wanted to own EV for a very long time, but now I am so scared to own Tesla, anticipating hassle each and every time something breaks on the car. The customer service at Wal Mart is 100x better than what you get at Tesla. I am stressed out and don't know what to do. If anyone has any tips about getting the money back, please let me know. Wells Fargo said it will take at least 10 days and they have no ability to credit the money back to my checking account.

Saga continues. Instead of sending the part overnight, as promised by a manager, they did a snail mail delivery that will take full 10 days + installation time. I still can't get my money back from them, I paid about half of the price of the car and now it's difficult to go to another local dealer and pick up a gas guzzler off the parking lot. I wanted to own EV for a very long time, but now I am so scared to own Tesla, anticipating hassle each and every time something breaks on the car. The customer service at Wal Mart is 100x better than what you get at Tesla. I am stressed out and don't know what to do. If anyone has any tips about getting the money back, please let me know. Wells Fargo said it will take at least 10 days and they have no ability to credit the money back to my checking account.
10+ days? Wtf

what specs? And when did you order?
Sorry for the delayed reply. Specs are in my signature. I actually wasn't able to pickup Monday. Got a text Sunday night at 7pm saying it had a quality issue and they were fixing it. Delayed delivery to today at 4:30. They haven't been able to tell me what they had to fix but said they go through some inspection list. I'll still be trying to get the info on what they fixed, but I'm glad they fixed it before I got to see the car either way.

This is wild. Kind of similar to my experience (except they didn't tell me what they had to fix). I'm glad they took the initiative, but that's crazy they wouldn't give you the option to take delivery and have it fixed later. It's your car!

Today, the service manager was able to help us: he found a loaner ca for us to drive around while waiting for our car to be fixed. Now, we are not pressed for time as we have a vehicle to drive to work/school. Lessons learned: don't use "Plaid" to pay your balance, bring a certified check from a bank to pay on the delivery date, whenever that happens. Also, don't add your car to the auto policy until you actually have the car in your possession. I failed on my first advice, I was OK with the second. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

Reactions: LwlPeak
The only proof of life I had that SAs even exist was when I was in the SC waiting for service and two of them were laughing at the fact that someone wanted their $100 order fee back after their financing was declined.

In my experience they don’t respond to voicemails or emails, and their phone number just rings.

I wish there was a happy middle between the overzealous/annoying/dishonest dealership approach, and this.

The only proof of life I had that SAs even exist was when I was in the SC waiting for service and two of them were laughing at the fact that someone wanted their $100 order fee back after their financing was declined.

In my experience they don’t respond to voicemails or emails, and their phone number just rings.

I wish there was a happy middle between the overzealous/annoying/dishonest dealership approach, and this.
Honestly I rather deal with a conventional dealership that bargains. At least I can get in touch with a human being. Doing all my negotiating with Dealerships online and only coming in to sign the paperwork makes it less stressful than what most people do.
I assumed doing it the Tesla way would be easier and more enjoyable. It is in regards to the fact I don’t need to send out 20 emails negotiating to dealerships in a 200 mile radius. But on the other hand there customer service stinks and I can’t even speak to anyone if I have a problem.

I'm not sure what others are experiencing, but my experience with getting pre-delivery information has been terrible. I've got a delivery in Raleigh, NC scheduled for this Sunday (9/20). When I placed my order, I got a call from a SA and even got a nice overnight test drive. That got me all excited. Finally after all these years I was finally getting a Tesla. I got one update saying the car was still in California being loaded on a Train, bound for the Alabama distribution center.

THEN SILIENCE!

I was okay with it. But now, I'm a few days out and I'd like to get confirmation that the car is indeed onsite in Raleigh or at least on its way. I've called the Raleigh office three times, each time no one answered and I had to leave a message. I've tried texting the numbers from Tesla that was used to contact me early in the process, no response. Today I tied using the Tesla.com CHAT feature and all they would do is give me the phone number of the Raleigh office. They suggested I use the Tesla APP, but the APP is useless until you accept your vehicle. They should know that!

I know once I get my vehicle I'll be happy, but why does it have to be so difficult? For a $60K+ vehicle they ought to be rolling out the red carpet!

I understand Tesla isn't your typical automotive manufacturer. Thy are more of a technology company. But come on, technology companies have this delivery process figured out! Why can't Tesla?

If I wasn't so excited about getting my MY AND there was a real competitor available I might change my mind and go elsewhere!

So, I'm just going to show up on Sunday. If my vehicle hasn't arrived, I'll just have to raise holy hell with whichever staff member I can find......and I hate confrontations!

I am just so frustrated.
Almost 2022 now and it's worse....now I know why people key up teslas. They aren't made at the people they are mad at the company. They treat everyone like they are a tick in a box and not people. They will absolutely never give a *sugar* about you or your situation. They don't care you're spending a years salary on their product cuz they have such a high demand. Tesla started off kind and genuine and ended up a geedy, seld centered company from the top down to even their deliver advisors. I would rather haggle woth a dealer...and thats really sad.

Reactions: advocate8
Almost 2022 now and it's worse....now I know why people key up teslas. They aren't made at the people they are mad at the company. They treat everyone like they are a tick in a box and not people. They will absolutely never give a *sugar* about you or your situation. They don't care you're spending a years salary on their product cuz they have such a high demand. Tesla started off kind and genuine and ended up a geedy, seld centered company from the top down to even their deliver advisors. I would rather haggle woth a dealer...and thats really sad.
I'd take that last sentence back. The dealers at this moment are bad. ADMs up the ass like 15k. At least Tesla raised the prices and are upfront about it. They can't keep up with the demand but at least a dealer (middleman) isnt toying with you. That's worse.