Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You won’t get a delivery date until financing is sorted out. Without a delivery date, not to be unkind, but it was foolish to make plans “requiring” delivery, IMO. Take your car to Texas Auto Direct, which seems to pay more than Car Max, transfer money to Tesla, and you’ll get a delivery date pretty quick. I finished my financing stuff June 23 and received delivery Jul 3 (7 days earlier than scheduled Jul 10).

Yeah that’s what I plan on doing (TDA instead of CarMax). I’m just going to pay cash to settle it now and then replenish my bank account later. Need the current car to be able to go to work so I can’t sell till I take delivery. I mainly needed the TM3 so I could PPF wrap it as I had a friend who’s done it previously in town this weekend. Will take longer now but not the end of the world.

The point is I was willing to make the payment the day my bank paid. I couldn’t because of issues with the amount on there. Numerous attempts to get this corrected have reached deaf years. The ISA has literally never answered his phone or responded to voicemails. Multiple email reminders need to be sent to get anything done. This is what I find unacceptable as it’s customer service 101.

Based on my experience so far Tesla is not making a great case for supporting legislation allowing direct sales as they are clearly not setup to do so. I say this as someone that loathes the dealership process, but at least in this case I drive out after a few hours of unpleasantness and not a few weeks.

I had an initial good line of communication with my ISA to start things out. After we got to financing and I had everything from my credit union, I have not heard back from her for over two weeks now. She's located in Chicago so the time difference does mess things up when trying to call from the west coast. Sent a few emails and voice mails reiterating that we had verbally pegged down next week for delivery based on my work schedule (this date was set about a month ago).

Yeah that’s what I plan on doing (TDA instead of CarMax). I’m just going to pay cash to settle it now and then replenish my bank account later. Need the current car to be able to go to work so I can’t sell till I take delivery. I mainly needed the TM3 so I could PPF wrap it as I had a friend who’s done it previously in town this weekend. Will take longer now but not the end of the world.

The point is I was willing to make the payment the day my bank paid. I couldn’t because of issues with the amount on there. Numerous attempts to get this corrected have reached deaf years. The ISA has literally never answered his phone or responded to voicemails. Multiple email reminders need to be sent to get anything done. This is what I find unacceptable as it’s customer service 101.

Based on my experience so far Tesla is not making a great case for supporting legislation allowing direct sales as they are clearly not setup to do so. I say this as someone that loathes the dealership process, but at least in this case I drive out after a few hours of unpleasantness and not a few weeks.
Thank our Texas State legislature...you’ll have the opportunity to vote them out in a few months:) We also don’t get the $1500 Drive Green Texas rebate. There’s about five families, all avid political contributors, who control the dealership networks. I’m pretty happy Tesla is standing ground though it makes an extra step for us. I do view this as a Texas issue though, other than your ISA not contacting you...super frustrating. My lease ended before delivery (I didn’t plan super well) so I just got a rental. $24/day, if that sort of thing is an option. You’ll love it when you get it!

Tired calling the help line, but no luck getting anyone. “High call volume please call back later”.

ISA still useless. In response to my email he says they are waiting for final payment to ship, which I know. Clearly his reading comprehension is a bit low because for that was the fifth email asking to get the pricing correct in their system so I can pay. Just checked and now the website displays the same information shown right after you place the $2500 deposit i.e Tesla will contact me when they are ready for payment. So in fact we’ve moved backwards. Comcast aside I have rarely come across this level of incompetence. No idea what to do. Going to toss in a BBB complaint tomorrow. Let’s see if that helps.

Thank our Texas State legislature...you’ll have the opportunity to vote them out in a few months:) We also don’t get the $1500 Drive Green Texas rebate. There’s about five families, all avid political contributors, who control the dealership networks. I’m pretty happy Tesla is standing ground though it makes an extra step for us. I do view this as a Texas issue though, other than your ISA not contacting you...super frustrating. My lease ended before delivery (I didn’t plan super well) so I just got a rental. $24/day, if that sort of thing is an option. You’ll love it when you get it!

While I agree the legislature is archaic and the added complications as well as inability to claim the tax credit are unnecessary at this point I’m planning on voting against Tesla just out of spite. Childish, I know, but I’m extremely mad right now .

• Disagree
Reactions: Holmern
Tired calling the help line, but no luck getting anyone. “High call volume please call back later”.

ISA still useless. In response to my email he says they are waiting for final payment to ship, which I know. Clearly his reading comprehension is a bit low because for that was the fifth email asking to get the pricing correct in their system so I can pay. Just checked and now the website displays the same information shown right after you place the $2500 deposit i.e Tesla will contact me when they are ready for payment. So in fact we’ve moved backwards. Comcast aside I have rarely come across this level of incompetence. No idea what to do. Going to toss in a BBB complaint tomorrow. Let’s see if that helps.
Don’t know if this will help, or if this is the same ISA, but I had: [email protected]

After numerous calls and emails. I have received my MVPA on Monday, July 2nd with the incorrect Loan amount
I have immediately emailed and call multiple multiple time with no response. I was able modify the incorrect MVPA myself to show the correct Loan amount and sent this to my Loan manager to get my Loan finalized.

Today is July 5th still no revised MVPA but Loan is approved and the check being overnighted to me tomorrow.
I have spent most of my afternoon trying to get a hold of someone to have my MVPA revised, finally a nice lady answered and said that she will have her manager revised it and sent it to me by the end of day today. It's 8:45pm right now ang I still don't have it. My delivery is this Saturday and I just sold my car today, I have no more means of transportation.

OMG, the frustration......

I will say though, after calling those number and I started calling the different stores in the state I was told my vehicle is currently stopped at. They said they couldn’t help but miraculously I got a call from my advisor 10 minutes later saying I should be on the next local shipment, so it got the gears going and he knew that I called, so it all gets tracked somehow.

I’m not holding my breath for it. I’ll believe it when the truck is at my front door.

Fellow NH resident here who just got my car. Are you dealing with your ISA or the specialty one for home deliveries? My ISA was totally impossible to reach and when we did reach him he couldn't help anyone in NH. I got put in touch with someone who just specializes in home deliveries and he was perfect.

Fellow NH resident here who just got my car. Are you dealing with your ISA or the specialty one for home deliveries? My ISA was totally impossible to reach and when we did reach him he couldn't help anyone in NH. I got put in touch with someone who just specializes in home deliveries and he was perfect.
Yes, my guy was only home deliveries, he claimed to be the Head of Home Deliveries, though his email signature didn't reflect that. He was always highly responsive but I don't trust anything he said given how long it all took and how he seemed incapable of getting any additional information from the service agents.

Finally got word that my car *should* be delivered this weekend and I'll hear from the transport company, I'll believe it once it's in front of my house with the key cards in my hand.

Did yours transport from NJ or MA? Edit: Never mind, I see that you picked yours up, not delivered.

Last edited:
ISA’s excuse for the latest setback (payment page reverting to the preorder display) is that it’s an IT issue affecting 100’s of people. That helps me how? I said I can initiate the transfer from my bank if they give me the final amount (how does it take 2 weeks to do this?) and Tesla wiring instructions. No response after.

BBB complaint is in. I suggest others in the same boat take the time and put in complaints as well. At worst it’s 5-10 minutes of your time with no change. At best the higher volume of complaints coming in will help their management team realize there is a issue (understaffed? undertrained? poor hiring quality?) and maybe you get a quicker resolution.

Reactions: Epwr
My model 3 was supposed to be delivered on 7/5 to Rocklin (Sacramento, CA). my ISA was very helpful and responsive I had the VIN, arranged the loan, transfered ~$15000 down payment, added the car to my insurance policy and obviously got very excited.
1 hour prior to delivery i got a call from local Tesla dealer saying that my car wasn't there. temporary new date - 7/9. same thing happened on 7/9 but this time they gave me a rental car (gasonline, not tesla).
Currently it's been more than a week since the original date my car is 'who knows where', tesla is barely responding and their response is - car is at Fremont and can't complete final inspections. no new ETA, nothing.

seems like I am not alone here..

needless to say - this has been (and still is) the WORST delivery experience in my life.