Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experiences at the Bellevue, WA store?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up mine (Solid Black Performance) today in Bellevue.Overall it was pretty clean, though i did notice that there was a lot of sand/dust between the glass and the body and the rear passenger molding has the bubble on it. I had to ask for the Diecast Model, but they did have one for me, just not in the car. Anyone have an extra USB-C they want to trade for my Thunderbolt?

Let me know if you notice it having a dusty smell and/or your throat feeling dry after driving for a bit. That sand/dust is not fun. Still need to wash the car, run the vents, and vacuum. It seems weird, do they not wash the cars prior to delivery?!

Congrats on the car!

I picked up mine (Solid Black Performance) today in Bellevue.Overall it was pretty clean, though i did notice that there was a lot of sand/dust between the glass and the body and the rear passenger molding has the bubble on it. I had to ask for the Diecast Model, but they did have one for me, just not in the car. Anyone have an extra USB-C they want to trade for my Thunderbolt?

Do you notice that your car has a smell to it? Like dusty/ash like? I ran it through a touchless today and it is stinking up my garage with a smell almost like body odor. I wonder if that’s the smell of wet dust/ash? It is not pleasant at all.

My appointment was yesterday at 4. Fifteen minutes before we arrived, someone moving our 3P+ scraped the wall with the passenger side rear door and rear fender of our -- ALMOST our car. You might have seen the red paint on the corner leading to the delivery floor if you were there today.

It already had my name in the Driver Profile. Fifteen minutes. They're searching for a replacement so we can get a car as soon as possible, but it's been 24+ hours now and I'm still in the dark.

My appointment was yesterday at 4. Fifteen minutes before we arrived, someone moving our 3P+ scraped the wall with the passenger side rear door and rear fender of our -- ALMOST our car. You might have seen the red paint on the corner leading to the delivery floor if you were there today.

It already had my name in the Driver Profile. Fifteen minutes. They're searching for a replacement so we can get a car as soon as possible, but it's been 24+ hours now and I'm still in the dark.

Ugh careless. Makes me not want to let anyone else ever drive my car. So sorry!

Picked up my car last Saturday morning (9/1). Apparently, we had a group "orientation" as the DA went over the Model 3 in the showroom. Then we had to wait for a little as they got our cars ready. Once the cars were ready, they let us in the area and just let us go over our cars as they stood by for questions.

My M3 had no major issues to bring up while at the delivery center. Throughout the weekend, I did notice many swirls, marks, and scuffs on the paint which is annoying given how much we pay for this car. Does anyone know if Tesla will take care of it or will I have to go to a detailer for paint correction (spending more money)?

Picked up my car last Saturday morning (9/1). Apparently, we had a group "orientation" as the DA went over the Model 3 in the showroom. Then we had to wait for a little as they got our cars ready. Once the cars were ready, they let us in the area and just let us go over our cars as they stood by for questions.

My M3 had no major issues to bring up while at the delivery center. Throughout the weekend, I did notice many swirls, marks, and scuffs on the paint which is annoying given how much we pay for this car. Does anyone know if Tesla will take care of it or will I have to go to a detailer for paint correction (spending more money)?

Tesla should take care of the paint issues but I would notify them ASAP. You may also be without your car for awhile depending on how bad it is.

The car we almost picked up had the bracket in the trunk. When I asked, they said they could install it for us if we wanted. The person we talked to had just received a ticket on his S for not having a front plate -- parked at Pike Place. I'd planned on getting the bracket from TorkLift, since we've been happy with their bracket on our S.

• Informative
Reactions: dss33
Are they putting the front license plate bracket on automatically, asking about it, or just leaving it in the frunk for you to install?

Mine was in the trunk. The rear license plate wasn’t even installed either. But I would wait until you get your plate because the screws only go in. They don’t come back out. I learned that the hard way having installed just the frame.

• Informative
Reactions: dss33 and iamec
The car we almost picked up had the bracket in the trunk. When I asked, they said they could install it for us if we wanted. The person we talked to had just received a ticket on his S for not having a front plate -- parked at Pike Place. I'd planned on getting the bracket from TorkLift, since we've been happy with their bracket on our S.

FWIW, we've had our S for 2+ years without the front plate and no issues. Definitely going plate-less on the 3. Excited for our delivery in a little more than a week.

One more question - did anyone try to swap a USB-C or lightning cable?

The person we talked to had just received a ticket on his S for not having a front plate -- parked at Pike Place.

Guessing it's SPD if it's Pike Place. They're extremely aggressive for anything related to "Improper Display" (i.e. expired tabs, etc.) compared to other law-enforcement agencies within the Seattle jurisdiction (KCS, WSP, etc.) — Also, since it's not a moving violation (civil, not criminal record; nothing noted against your driving record much like a parking ticket), more likely people just pay the fine and deal with the "fix it" ticket without trying to fight it in Seattle Muni.

Dropped off my M3 at the Bellevue SC today. Super nice guy who helped me. Hoping they get my car back to me sooner than later and all issues addressed. I did get a Model S P90D as a loaner :cool:. I guess I can play with ludicrous for a bit to hold me over.

The paint issues are very superficial. I am sure they will just buff it out. He did mention that it will probably go to the body shop to re-align a door and some interior panels. As for an ETA of all the work will get done, he gave me a 3-5 day timeline.

Interesting. Is it lol exterior panels or interior ones as well? I’ve got door trim that is lifting up slightly and I can’t seem to get it to pop back into the clips or whatever holds it together.