Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery feedback and pics for SC after a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mark Z Hi Mark, did you get your X back from the SC already?
Hopefully tomorrow. I did notice that new software was being upgraded on the weekend. They did call to mention they were working on the car on Friday and Saturday. I told them not to rush, just get it done in time for future EV meetings or events.

I usually give the SC some extra items to work on, or the ones I forgot to mention the last time. With our recent rain, I am hoping that the parking sensor that gave false data in the rain will have been corrected.

Be sure to click on the "Groups" link and see when events will occur in your area. It's educational to view another Model X for comparison. If no event is shown, then join a local group to get an occasional email of an event that may not have been posted yet.

Hopefully tomorrow. I did notice that new software was being upgraded on the weekend. They did call to mention they were working on the car on Friday and Saturday. I told them not to rush, just get it done in time for future EV meetings or events.

I usually give the SC some extra items to work on, or the ones I forgot to mention the last time. With our recent rain, I am hoping that the parking sensor that gave false data in the rain will have been corrected.

Be sure to click on the "Groups" link and see when events will occur in your area. It's educational to view another Model X for comparison. If no event is shown, then join a local group to get an occasional email of an event that may not have been posted yet.

Yup. I emailed my request to TeslaLAClub already. My X will be back on Tuesday. Can't wait and hopefully no more problems.

Reactions: Mark Z and ohmman
It helps to see another Model X in person. I thought I was the only one with problems, until I saw some production Model X vehicles at the "Meet Model X" event.

The Rear hatch molding issue can be helped by moving some of the plastic pieces into place. I did this myself and realized that some of the parts are moveable and can be carefully adjusted to look better. Don't force the parts. It's comforting that some issues are solved with the extra time that the assembly line may not have time for. As long as the part exists and can be adjusted, you might get better results doing it yourself, especially if the service center considers it within specifications. Below is the before photo and the after adjustment photo. This was done by hand without tools. I would not take Model X apart but only adjust the items that are moveable by hand. You may have to readjust after washing the vehicle.

View attachment 171589 View attachment 171590

As I see your Rear hatch molding issue photo, it looks to be in good shape. I realize the extra paint areas do look unfinished. Compare with another vehicle and be pleased with that one issue.

Thanks - that's a very helpful perspective.

Yup. I emailed my request to TeslaLAClub already. My X will be back on Tuesday. Can't wait and hopefully no more problems.
Monday became Tuesday when the Uber driver got a call to take me home instead of to the Service Center.

A part arrived at the SC during my Uber drive that is a bulletin item. Appears the rain sensor needs replacement. Maybe there will be several hardware updates to the 2,700 Model X vehicles when the seat backs are replaced.

Thanks for the post, helpful in lots of ways. The moldings and alignment I would expect as the hand built versus machine improves over time. The biggest item for concern for me is the rust issue on the seat posts. How does that happen? I have seen cars like this at a wreckers that are a. 30 years old and b. have been out in the rain for years. But a new car. Very strange to me.