TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delivery for 2nd Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Leftysmasher, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

We recently took delivery of our 3 and are thinking of getting another. Anyone know what the wait time would be for another 3 since we are owners of a Tesla already? Of course we got preferential treatment for our 3 since we owned an S. Thanks

2. SoCalMom

SoCalMom Member

Funny, my husband and I were just discussing this! I doubt we'll really pull the trigger, but we are thinking about putting down another deposit and see what happens.

3. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Our situation is we would need a 2nd car ASAP so not sure we can take the risk and wait not knowing when we would expect it.

4. Mxbzz

Mxbzz Member

Day one owner already delivered and just ordered another

This guy got his second invite after a month, so I wouldn’t be surprised if your second reservation also received a priority bump.

• Informative x 1
  5. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

6. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

I’m a current Model S owner and placed a deposit on 3/29/18 for M3. Says late 2018 for LR and AWD and early 2019 for SR. Not sure if this estimate is standard for all reservations or takes current ownership into the equation

7. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Would be good to know when you get your invite to configure your 3. Should be pretty soon based on the post above but who knows.

8. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

I received an invitation to configure my second Model 3 about 30 days after the first order. :cool:

9. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

I’ll definetly update. Would love to get a SR and full tax credit (wishful thinking?)

10. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

When did you reserve the second Model 3?

11. dhu1

dhu1 Member

Same here...first reservation was 3/31/2016, second reservation was 8/17/2017. I think they sent all existing owner reservations in mid Feb. After that round, I am not sure if owners are getting automatic bumps. You should check the spreadsheet to see if that is still happening. Good luck....wife is enjoying hers and I am enjoying mine.

12. Dugknight

Dugknight Member

Same here, mine also said late 2018, but I actually got the invite to configure after about 50 days or so. Ordered 2/16/18, received invite on 4/6/18.

13. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Well that’s good to know. Did you go ahead and order LR or holding out for AWD or SR?

14. Dugknight

Dugknight Member

I ordered LR! Couldn't wait. ha
    Edit: Still no VIN!

15. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Good deal. This whole federal credit nail biter makes it hard to pass up on the LR that’s for sure