Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery has been creeping to earlier dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

alexgr

Aug 13, 2019
I have ordered MY LR red a month ago when the website claimed the delivery estimate is June (and September for white). Almost immediately, the delivery estimate showed April-May. Then, in a couple of weeks it has moved to March. And now, the estimate is Feb 9 - March 9. When I ordered, I planned for delivery in June or a little later. Now, I start to suspect that Tesla intentionally mislead buyers playing the scarcity card to increase the number of orders at elevated prices. Is my suspicion justified, or something else is going on now (a mass cancelation of reservations, increasing production capacity by 30%+ in the past month, etc) ?

Mine did the same. Ordered with June ETA. Then it jumped to March. But it has now slipped to June again.

I doubt they are being misleading. It’s likely they can’t predict how bad the raw materials shortages will rise and fall and trying to update logistics accordingly. You should probably expect it to jump more. Nothing really counts until you get a VIN.

Also worth noting is it could jump to super early if someone with a VIN cancels an order with your specs. Not sure how that works.

Want to hear something crazy I order my model y in end of July suppose to have a Jan delivery dates slipped to feb then the last two weeks it went to December 18-31st opened it two days ago my app just says “June” I called my SA and said listen I ordered in July I ad a edd of jan what is going on he couldn’t give me a answer Ed in his “back office@ it’s showing Jan but he was suppose to call me back still waiting. I’m not waiting until June I’m not sorry.